Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching for a wallet for several months. I've returned more than one because, even though they are labeled "leather", they more resembled vinyl. Many are leather on the outside and poly whatever on the inside. Finally went on NordstromRack.com and ordered one that was on sale ~ it is from the Liebeskind Berlin brand. Never tried this brand before.  When I opened the box, I swear it almost puddled before my eyes because it looked so soft and yummy. It is gorgeous leather inside and out and made so very well. I told my dh that he got me a new wallet for Christmas. I love it so, therefore had to order a coin purse in the same brand (on sale also).

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Totally A Leather Snob

@pattypeep I don't know if I'd call myself a leather snob but I do love, love leather.  I have so many leather coats, all colors and styles.

I can't wear fake leather because it's just way too hot.  It doesn't breathe (someone told me that, it's not like I know).  I just know I've tried the fake kind and I can't wear it.

I have a coat that is fake leather and I keep trying it but can't wear it.  Unfortunately, I don't have any friends who are chubby like me so I'll just have to donate it.

Honored Contributor

I also can't stand plastic, I don't care what is done to it.

My family owned the largest fine shoe store here from the first WW until 1980.  I love the appearance, hand, and smell of leather.  Leather shoes are better for your feet because they stretch and breathe.  

Respected Contributor

I'm a leather snob too.

Super Contributor

While I have been a fan of leather until recently when I learned how "we obtain leather from poor animals who  have to lose their life for it.  If you know what I mean. But all to your own taste.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you on being a leather wallet snob. The wallet better be able to hold all the Canadian change too since there's no $1 or $2 paper bills, it's Canadian coins and they take up a lot of room in the change section of a wallet. I hate those plastic coin purse holders and plastic credit card interiors even if the outside of the wallet is leather.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not many enjoy wearing leather as much as I do. The fact that I own around 70 leather skirts in various colors and styles is testimony to that. Love all my other things from dresses, coats, boots, shoes, gloves, and tops. I just bought this top from Dillard's to wear Christmas Day.

Dillard'sLthrTop.jpg

However, I must confess to wavering recently as I have purchased some "faux" leather and found the newest versions of it to be nice enough, both in looks and such, but more importantly very inexpensive compared to my more favorite real leather.

I've worn a pair of leggings as shown in my current avatar, also a pair of "faux" leather culottes. The jury is out on how long the "unreal" leather will last, but I'm going to give it a try.

Just my opinion ladies. we are all entitled to our own.

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady

I'm glad you got the top!  It "spoke" to me when I saw it that it was something you needed to see! 

Esteemed Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Not many enjoy wearing leather as much as I do. The fact that I own around 70 leather skirts in various colors and styles is testimony to that. Love all my other things from dresses, coats, boots, shoes, gloves, and tops. I just bought this top from Dillard's to wear Christmas Day.

Dillard'sLthrTop.jpg

However, I must confess to wavering recently as I have purchased some "faux" leather and found the newest versions of it to be nice enough, both in looks and such, but more importantly very inexpensive compared to my more favorite real leather.

I've worn a pair of leggings as shown in my current avatar, also a pair of "faux" leather culottes. The jury is out on how long the "unreal" leather will last, but I'm going to give it a try.

Just my opinion ladies. we are all entitled to our own.

@StylishLady  Wow, that is a fantastic top You will look smashing, I'm sure.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Highlighted
Contributor

Me, too !!