Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Tired of Ankle Pants

Mary Tyler Moore and Audrey Hepburn, timeless dressing. 

IMG_1345.JPGAnkle

IMG_1347.JPG

Cropped

IMG_1348.JPG

Ankle

These will never go out of style.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

aRe: I'm Tired of Ankle Pants

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I really like ankle pants but I also need dressier pants for work.  I find it hard to get regular dressier slacks that I like and are not an arm and a leg. I seem to like ankle pants more for summer and a bit more casual things.  I really liked those Belle ones with the ankle zippers but I also thought they were too much for a TSV.  

NAT:  Skinny pants are going to be a bit shorter in the upcoming season.  Meghan Markle wore a tuxedo to a red carpet affair in London recently where she wore skinny tuxedo pants and jacket, and (she is very short) they came about 3-4 inches above her ankles.  

P.S.  Yes, it's the length and style shown by Audrey Hepburn that is coming to us.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree 100%, @handygal2

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of ankle pants either. They just don't look right. I agree they look like the wearer is waiting for a flood or the pants shrink. Not a good look. I'll pass on this fashion faux pas.

Honored Contributor

I have been tall since 6th grade when I reached my full height of 5'8. I can remember having to go to the Tall Shop to buy pants because I am all legs. Ankle pants look terrible on me. They never are quite long enough and I am self conscious feeling like they are high water pants ...which is what we used to call them.

I do like LInea for pants. Louis cuts his pants for tall women and they have a long inseam.

Honored Contributor

I have seen ankle pants look really cute on women, but whenever I try on a pair myself I just don’t like them. They just seem too short. I prefer a full length pant. I don’t wear crops or capris either. 

Valued Contributor

After spending years struggling to find brands that made pants in 'short' or 'petite' lengths, I am thrilled with all the cropped, ankle, and capri pants as well as leggings that are all the right length! I'm in no rush to return to full-length trousers. And I don't care if my pants make me look short. I AM short. What's wrong with being short???

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not tall (5'5") but have a true 33" inseam, for pants to break across the instep and reach below the ankle with low shoes.

I have found many "regular" length pants that are more ankle length on me; I like them with a bit of a heel then, but I generally avoid that if I can.  They just don't work for my proportions.  Something about it seems to draw emphasis to my hips which I don't like to do.  

Ankle pants look good on other people, just not me.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I'm 5'5", wear a 28" inseam and LOVE ankle pants. I won't wear crops and the only capris I own are in running tights. Isn't it great that there's something for everyone to choose from?

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I like them, I even purposely buy my skinny jeans in short so they are above my ankle. That length works really well to show off my shoes and I like it better with shoes with an ankle strap or my ankle boots. To each their own though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval