Super Contributor
On 9/12/2014 happy housewife said:

I always have a problem with QVC not calling the colors by their actual name - like why is teal called peacock or fuschia called berry or brown called chocolate? Why can't they call brown- brown?

How many different shades of brown are there? There's light brown, dark brown, brown with grey undertones, brown with yellow undertones, brown with pink undertones. Just brown wouldn't describe it enough. They have explained when they have a different tone of say "brown" they have to find a different name for it so customers know it's not the same.

Honored Contributor
I find the search function on QVC.com is very poor, making it almost useless. When looking for something, I often give up and look elsewhere.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 kachina624 said: I find the search function on QVC.com is very poor, making it almost useless. When looking for something, I often give up and look elsewhere.

Hi, kachina! I agree with this. Their search engine is far from sophisticated in the respect of allowing us to narrow the search to the things we really want to see.

However, there is the possibility it's very sophisticated if it's designed to show us things we didn't really want to see. I've noticed Etsy has started doing that, and it's a way to try and interest the customer in other listings.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hi. When I see an exact color I like from a vendor, I want to find more items in that exact color. I do not know why we can not search by EXACT color name, within quotation marks. It is such a pain to look through every blue top in SG line, today, just to find another garment in "Majestic Teal". This is the shade I like, but the top I saw it in, is not a top I could wear. So who loses money, when I can not find it? QVC. Doesn't anyone else look for a particular color? It is so frustrating. I must not be alone in this.

Respected Contributor

I have even heard the hosts complaining about this problem. They try to explain it as they see it, not by the color on the card. I don't know who comes up with name of some of the colors, they are way off often. I usually go by how the host describes it.

Respected Contributor
On 9/12/2014 Mindy D said:

Hi. When I see an exact color I like from a vendor, I want to find more items in that exact color. I do not know why we can not search by EXACT color name, within quotation marks. It is such a pain to look through every blue top in SG line, today, just to find another garment in "Majestic Teal". This is the shade I like, but the top I saw it in, is not a top I could wear. So who loses money, when I can not find it? QVC. Doesn't anyone else look for a particular color? It is so frustrating. I must not be alone in this.

That's just what I was saying!!!! You are not alone.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 Tissyanne said:
On 9/12/2014 happy housewife said:

I always have a problem with QVC not calling the colors by their actual name - like why is teal called peacock or fuschia called berry or brown called chocolate? Why can't they call brown- brown?

Probably to make the names more appealing.

And make the names more descriptive. If you just call CoCo Puffs and Fruit Loops ""Cereal"" what does that say?

Super Contributor
I would love it if they would get somebody that wasnt colorblind to name them too!
Honored Contributor

Silkyk and Kachina; with over 1,600 views of this post, you would think there would be more of us posting here, asking for change. Those of you that mentioned the color-naming problem, that is a different issue, which even the show hosts mention during many shows. There might be a reasonable explanation for this, and at least the hosts try their best to accurately describe the color. While I am here venting, I would also like to add that I can not stand it when I note that a review is helpful and I am taken away from the reviews and made to log in. After logging in, I am not brought back to the last review I read, either.

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 Rocker said: I would love it if they would get somebody that wasnt colorblind to name them too!