Honored Contributor

Every year the colors are set by the Pantone Corporation, not to be confused with the hair product. The designers pick their colors from swatches and have their fabric made (like D Basso), or a fabric company makes several variations of the blue to sell to the designers. They get their interpretation of "fresh". That's how you end up with colors in textiles used in everything from clothes to home furnishings.

Honored Contributor

I AM STILL WAITING FOR MORE PEOPLE TO SUPPORT ME IN THIS. QVC, PLEASE MAKE SEARCHING FOR AN EXACT COLOR NAME, EASIER TO DO.

Super Contributor

I support you, Mindy Smile I'd like a better system of searching by color than QVC currently has.

And I'd like them to make sure they always spell fuchsia and burgundy properly.

Super Contributor
On 9/12/2014 Mindy D said:

Silkyk and Kachina; with over 1,600 views of this post, you would think there would be more of us posting here, asking for change. Those of you that mentioned the color-naming problem, that is a different issue, which even the show hosts mention during many shows. There might be a reasonable explanation for this, and at least the hosts try their best to accurately describe the color. While I am here venting, I would also like to add that I can not stand it when I note that a review is helpful and I am taken away from the reviews and made to log in. After logging in, I am not brought back to the last review I read, either.

You make a couple of very good points. It is frustrating. I have seen so many issues that are continuously discussed. If they are reading these comments, (I was told that they do) and they truly care what their customers want, then why aren't these issues addressed?
Super Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Mindy D said:

I AM STILL WAITING FOR MORE PEOPLE TO SUPPORT ME IN THIS. QVC, PLEASE MAKE SEARCHING FOR AN EXACT COLOR NAME, EASIER TO DO.

I agree there needs to be a much better color naming system. The current is confusing and causes problems.........a simpler system should be developed.