Honored Contributor

I am sick of trying to find colors I like. Today, I saw a Susan Graver top in a color, Majestic Teal. I would like to see if there is anything else in that color. It takes forever, to search through all the "Blues" category in Susan's line. I can not stand looking for colors in Denim and Company, either. I wish QVC would do something about this issue. I have asked, before. At least, add more color categories to the choices listing, if you will not allow us to search by exact color name in the search window, enclosed in quotes. For example, instead of just "Blues", have "Turquoises, Aquas, and Teals", within the "Blues" Heading. It takes hours to match up outfits, yet the Q is constantly saying "We're building wardrobes".

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you're singing the blues on this subject.

Super Contributor

I'd recommend that you try to cross vendor lines to work up an outfit.

I frequently mix LOGO, SG, Attitudes, Belle Gray, Chico's, etc. to get the color combos that I like.

Go for coordinating colors rather than matching.

Whenever I see something in a combination of colors that I find attractive such as a picture in a magazine or a scarf, I'll cut out the picture / buy the scarf and use it as inspiration to coordinate colors.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried entering "Graver +teal" in the search bar? That search will limit results to show only items with Graver and teal in the listing.

Unfortunately, it has to be a match for teal, so a teal shirt being called "peacock" won't show up. It's not perfect, but it can help. It doesn't work for everything, either. I can do it with most clothing, but it won't pull up results for a Dooney bag. Entering "Dooney +navy" brings up no results and I know there are Dooney handbags in navy.

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 Kathleen said:

I'd recommend that you try to cross vendor lines to work up an outfit.

I frequently mix LOGO, SG, Attitudes, Belle Gray, Chico's, etc. to get the color combos that I like.

Go for coordinating colors rather than matching.

Whenever I see something in a combination of colors that I find attractive such as a picture in a magazine or a scarf, I'll cut out the picture / buy the scarf and use it as inspiration to coordinate colors.

I think this is good advice. I don't buy from QVC as much as I once did, partly because of a decline in product quality and even more so because of the decline in consistency. There was a time when they were quite good at directing the customer toward exact matches, now not so much.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I emailed customer YEARS ago and requested that they add search by color into their system. At the time D&C had a color called chamois that I loved and other vendors had items that matched perfect. I wanted to bring that color items up without having to look through 100's of items in that color range. CS just was like {#emotions_dlg.confused1} and told me to just use the basic color chart on the left side....but that just brings up main colors, not all the wacky names they use now for colors. IMHO they should have had their programers add this feature to the site a long time ago. It just makes sense.

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 silkyk said:

I emailed customer YEARS ago and requested that they add search by color into their system. At the time D&C had a color called chamois that I loved and other vendors had items that matched perfect. I wanted to bring that color items up without having to look through 100's of items in that color range. CS just was like {#emotions_dlg.confused1} and told me to just use the basic color chart on the left side....but that just brings up main colors, not all the wacky names they use now for colors. IMHO they should have had their programers add this feature to the site a long time ago. It just makes sense.

I think I understand how you feel, silkyk. But the fact that there are so many different names for the same or similar colors as you said, so with all the names it's fairly useless to have a search to try and get good matches. Just think how many reds there are. Boggles the mind.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

This will always be an issue with shopping online, I suppose.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I always have a problem with QVC not calling the colors by their actual name - like why is teal called peacock or fuschia called berry or brown called chocolate? Why can't they call brown- brown?

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 happy housewife said:

I always have a problem with QVC not calling the colors by their actual name - like why is teal called peacock or fuschia called berry or brown called chocolate? Why can't they call brown- brown?

Probably to make the names more appealing.
Honored Contributor

I remember years ago when I decided to make navy "my new black." Never knew how many variations on navy there were, and not all of them play nicely together.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}