Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Really Going to Miss Fashion Police on Friday Nights

On 9/11/2014 goldenretriever said:
On 9/10/2014 sidsmom said:

Re-format it...bring in Kimora Lee Simmons (she's hosted numerous times when Joan was out)...she would add a 'designer/model' twist to it...it could work.

I disagree with this choice, & also Chelsea Handler. A new host would have HUGE shoes to fill. They would need to be very edgy, yet likeable. Kimora wouldn't bring in viewers....not exciting or funny. Chelsea has quite the attitude, & I personally can't stomach her.

I'm not really a fan of Kathy Griffin, but I think that she's a better fit. I saw Anderson Cooper interview her about Joan's death, & she was extremely upset. Her stand-up persona set aside, she LOVED Joan & they had a very close friendship.

If they replace Joan, the person will need to be like Joan- part comedian, part fashionista. Otherwise, it will just be another boring show.

I agree with this completely!! Kathy Griffin would be great. Her style, both fashion & comedy, was greatly influenced by Joan. I think it would be a smooth (or as smooth as it can be) transition.

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 brii said:

Kelly has a fashion line on HSN too? I'm curious about that.

I believe it's called Stories.......by Kelly Osbourne. It actually premieres Sept. 25.

Respected Contributor

I think they'll try to make a go of the show, but without Joan, I doubt it will succeed.

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 9/11/2014 brii said:

Kelly has a fashion line on HSN too? I'm curious about that.

I believe it's called Stories.......by Kelly Osbourne. It actually premieres Sept. 25.

I was looking at the sketches for some of her things. They are cute, but nothing I'm interested in - some jumpsuits, short printed dressed, and a lot of Rose print pieces. She was wearing a t shirt with Chapter One on it and a pencil skirt with a giant bow on the waist.
Super Contributor

Oh heck not without Joan. They can try but it will never be the same, infact The red carpet won't even be the same. I always looked forward to what Joan would say after an event not Guliana.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/11/2014 di-mc said:

I think they'll try to make a go of the show, but without Joan, I doubt it will succeed.

I'd think they try to slide Guilliana into Joan's chair and find a new, mouthy, outrageous "expert" to take G's place.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 gardensla said:
On 9/11/2014 di-mc said:

I'd think they try to slide Guilliana into Joan's chair and find a new, mouthy, outrageous "expert" to take G's place.

I don't get the fascination with Guliana. She just seems phony to me and insincere but looking at her clothing line on hsn you would have to be to stand there with a straight face and make people believe it's good quality and you wear it.
Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 gardensla said:
On 9/11/2014 di-mc said:

Great idea. Time to move on! Enough with the gossip & hysterics. Maybe they will have a weekly guest until they decide how to continue for the longer term. Joan hand picked her team and fiercely loved them. Giuliana knows how to lead a show and is respected in the industry. Also, Kelly launches her own clothing line in hsn later this month.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Well, if it was not fashion based {#emotions_dlg.blink}- I would choose Wanda Sykes. Can we school her, quickly?

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 twocent said:

Well, if it was not fashion based {#emotions_dlg.blink}- I would choose Wanda Sykes. Can we school her, quickly?

I like Wanda.