Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Really Going to Miss Fashion Police on Friday Nights

On 9/11/2014 blossompie said:
On 9/11/2014 twocent said:

Well, if it was not fashion based {#emotions_dlg.blink}- I would choose Wanda Sykes. Can we school her, quickly?

I like Wanda.

She will never be Joan, those shoes can never be filled - but I do like Wanda.Smile

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/11/2014 blossompie said:
On 9/11/2014 gardensla said:
On 9/11/2014 di-mc said:

I think they'll try to make a go of the show, but without Joan, I doubt it will succeed.

I'd think they try to slide Guilliana into Joan's chair and find a new, mouthy, outrageous "expert" to take G's place.

I don't get the fascination with Guliana. She just seems phony to me and insincere but looking at her clothing line on hsn you would have to be to stand there with a straight face and make people believe it's good quality and you wear it.

I never said it was a good idea, but rather the obvious idea!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

What about Eddie Izzard...witty, smart, comedian and better eye makeup than I could ever do. Rupaul might a good fit.

Kathy Griffin is too caustic for my taste.

Chelsea Handler is not a fashionista so I do not see that as a good fit.

Whoever would fill the shoes must be funny and honest. I do not think it needs to be a woman.

Regular Contributor

I too can only come up with Kathy Griffin she also relates to ""the gays"" as Joan did.

Kimora has NO sense of humor the show has to be kept upbeat....and since Melissa is the producer/director she will have ideas more than us on what she can do and handle. IF she decides to continue on with the show in a way its a dis= service to everyone kind of a catch 22 situation.

Just my 2 cents.........but I wanted to say I got my ""scarf"" its black with small tiny sequins and draped it around a small floor lamp next to my bed and its beautiful. I wasn't into her clothes but I could order every color of this scarf......just to have her name on it after I took off Made in China.....its still her idea and thats what counts.

Super Contributor

Kimora is dull And self absorbed. Kathy is fun and yes the gays love her like Joan.
Super Contributor

No one can replace Joan. But, I think Clinton Kelly would be a nice addition.

Respected Contributor

Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of Kathy Griffin, but I can see her filling the shows needs. When I've seen her recently speaking of her friendship with Joan, it was very touching. She does have a soft side that we normally don't get to see.

I'm sure Melissa knows her very well, & she could probably give her direction as to what the show needs. Kathy wouldn't have to be quite as "hard" as she normally is. Even Joan showed a softer side inbetween her zingers. She loved her FP family- it was very apparent.

I really like Wanda (especially her voice), but she knows zero about fashion...not a good fit at all.

I love Clinton Kelly, but I feel the main should remain a woman...at least for now.

Honored Contributor

Me too!!!! Joan was the best on there, I am going to miss her quick wit, she had me laughing out loud most of the time!!!!!! It will be very interesting to see what they do with the show! I do hope it continues!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Joy Behar might be able to do the Joan-style humor on fashion police. I can see her saying B**ch Stole My Look! She probably isn't looking for a job, though.

Trusted Contributor

I know Melissa produces it, but was thinking she might be good. It would be hard to "fill" moms shoes. She seems to prefer behind the camera. She was doing red carpet with joan before FP.