Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: I'm Really Going to Miss Fashion Police on Friday Nights

On 9/11/2014 JackieBlue said:

In my opinion, Joan was, Fashion Police. There is no one who can take her place. They probably will keep it going in some way. If it happens to be on when I'm searching for something to watch, I may tune in, however, I won't DVR it, or have it on auto program. I'm sure it will be a good enough show, just nothing hysterically funny as it was with Joan.

Rather narrow minded point of view.

Respected Contributor

I think that I will miss Joan on Fashion Police probably more than I will miss her on QVC. No one can take her place. They will have to re-format the show, perhaps even with a new name.

Honored Contributor

I was right there every week watching Fashion Police....I'm a true homer.

We all can agree Joan's humor & critique was....strong, ruthless and in some cases, career-changing. Worst Dress List? Oh the horror! Some of these gals had the everlasting stigma bestowed upon them by Joan's Fashion Police.

Sidsmom's Prediction: Can't help but think...maybe not today or next month, but in the near future, all of the Hollywood Glitterati will finally relax w/ their fashion choices.

Throughout the years, I would see actresses bow down to Joan to get her approval. Now that factor is gone, will actresses relax & become more experimental w/ their fashion choices? I think there will be a cultural shift...good or bad, Joan had that influence...and designers will adjust. Spanx-burning parties scheduled.... =Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

The show would have to be totally revamped. I think if they tried to replace Joan, it won't work. Joan really didn't do much critiquing of the fashions. She more or less got her zingers in and was funny. The rest of the panel, particularly Kelly and George, are the 2 who really were the fashion experts and seriously talked about the ensembles.

Joan left the pre-show red carpet events years ago and those were able to go on without her. I remember many people saying it wouldn't be the same and would probably not continue.

Honored Contributor

Does Kelly do anything else besides Fashion Police?

Giuliana and George have other careers. Maybe Kelly will be able to expand her role now that Joan is gone?

Trusted Contributor

I would watch the reruns on Saturday afternoon while resting up after my second job. I will miss it so much - I'm still so sad over Joan.

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 brii said:

Does Kelly do anything else besides Fashion Police?

Giuliana and George have other careers. Maybe Kelly will be able to expand her role now that Joan is gone?

Her fashion line debuts on HSN on September 26 I believe. Other than that, I really don't know what she does.

Honored Contributor

Kelly has a fashion line on HSN too? I'm curious about that.

Frequent Contributor

I'm sure Fashion Police can continue in some type of format. Remember Melissa helped produce this so she may have some input on this as well as other shows. Anyway...they cannot replace Joan nor should they try. That would be a horrendous mistake. All they can do is reformat and do the best they can. Whatever show Joan was on she obviously cannot be replaced. She was one of a kind. Everytime I watch ENews they keep saying how this is the same studio they filmed FP and point to where Joan's chair is. (on the other side from where they're standing) Guiliana was saying how she'll go into Joan's dressing room and just take it all in. It'll be interesting to see how long they'll keep FP off the air but I do agree this is a good show and I'd like to see it go on in some way.

My heart does go out to Melissa when she steps foot into the studio for the first time after all this. How emotional that's going to be. I'm glad she has Cooper.

Respected Contributor

On 9/10/2014 sidsmom said:

Re-format it...bring in Kimora Lee Simmons (she's hosted numerous times when Joan was out)...she would add a 'designer/model' twist to it...it could work.

I disagree with this choice, & also Chelsea Handler. A new host would have HUGE shoes to fill. They would need to be very edgy, yet likeable. Kimora wouldn't bring in viewers....not exciting or funny. Chelsea has quite the attitude, & I personally can't stomach her.

I'm not really a fan of Kathy Griffin, but I think that she's a better fit. I saw Anderson Cooper interview her about Joan's death, & she was extremely upset. Her stand-up persona set aside, she LOVED Joan & they had a very close friendship.

If they replace Joan, the person will need to be like Joan- part comedian, part fashionista. Otherwise, it will just be another boring show.