Trusted Contributor

I'm Really Going to Miss Fashion Police on Friday Nights

I was laid up for a few months with a broken foot. My Friday night ritual was to pop popcorn and curl up and watch Fashion Police. It still is now, but it was what I looked forward to every week when I couldn't do much else but watch TV. It was a light-hearted hour in a very stressful week. It will seem so odd not watching it anymore. Perhaps they will revive the show after awhile, but it will never be the same without Joan.

It amazes me of how many celebrities are saying they watched it too. I'm sure they got a few good laughs from it. As Joan said, if a celebrity can't laugh at themselves, they should be ashamed.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Really Going to Miss Fashion Police on Friday Nights

Fashion Police is too much of a ratings grabber to just let it go.

Re-format it...bring in Kimora Lee Simmons (she's hosted numerous times when Joan was out)...she would add a 'designer/model' twist to it...it could work.

A large % of the viewing demo on all these award shows is just for the fashion, so it must continue on some level. Advertisers love that.

Super Contributor

Yeah it's not going to be the same. Joan was supposed to do a Fashion Police live at fashion week. I'm wondering how they plan to go forward and Joan Knows best I'm not sure how much of the next season was filmed
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe somebody like Chelsea Handler could step in.......just a thought.
Respected Contributor

Joan was always there. They did not do Fashion Police if she was not available. Other people on the panel were substituted for, but not Joan. I either watched or DVR'd Fashion Police every Friday.

Esteemed Contributor

It just won't be the same. They can continue it, but it may become more matter of fact news show than snarky fun. Not many people could get away saying what Joan did. Whenever somebody comes on and does the mean thing, they look, well, mean and unpleasant.
Honored Contributor

I might be mistaken...did Kimora sit in when someone (not Joan) was on vacation?

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/10/2014 sidsmom said:

I might be mistaken...did Kimora sit in when someone (not Joan) was on vacation?

Yes. She wouldn't be bad, but it would be a different show (not necessarily bad; just different.)
Honored Contributor

Yes...it would have to be a completely different show. Different format. Different set. Different focus. All the bits, like "Streetwalker or Starlett" are done. Getting a "just like Joan" would be a failed venture. I'm anxious to see the direction E! takes.

Super Contributor

In my opinion, Joan was, Fashion Police. There is no one who can take her place. They probably will keep it going in some way. If it happens to be on when I'm searching for something to watch, I may tune in, however, I won't DVR it, or have it on auto program. I'm sure it will be a good enough show, just nothing hysterically funny as it was with Joan.