Contributor

Re: I’m Over My Limit 😱🥴

I've had to for a long time due to considerable weight loss purge my closet of items that are two sizes too big now.  I did that at the beginning of August.  I've had very few items I can now wear.  This is a great time for me to begin slowly rebuilding my closet for end of season items that are marked down considerably.

August is also my favorite time of the year to purchase "my color season" clothing which  is Autumn.  So I am doing that now but only items that I really want.

Honored Contributor

@wilma Between retirement and the pandemic I really don't need anything new but it just makes me feel good about myself to have some new things to wear.  

So where am I going in my new clothes?  Right now it's mostly just to the store, farmer's market and I try to get out to eat once a week (I feel more comfortable outdoors).  As the weather gets colder and I won't be able to eat outdoors, who knows how things will be in a few months.

I try to stay positive but that's not always easy.  My new things make me happy... my new purchases tend to be casual....still nice for going out but comfy for around the house too.

Esteemed Contributor

I only bought am "as is" pair of Sketchers all suumer...

I did get 2 long sleeve henley tops...one in a pretty orange and the other in a med green for fall....but that is all I plan on buying...

I bought so much casual style clothing after I retired that I really don't need anything...

Trusted Contributor

I can so relate to this thread.  I don't need anything, but I like to shop and I like having new things.  When I see something I like and I think it is a good buy, I purchase it.  I have the money, but I am running out of space! 

Esteemed Contributor

I have mentioned before I am one of those woman who has way too many clothes.......however, I have really put  an effort into NOT purchasing anymore but sometimes the prices are hard to pass up or I just love the item and cannot get it out of my head.  I have donated many clothes, yes, with the tags still on and have felt bad myself for indulging so much.  I have days like that and I have days where I feel well derserved to buy something new.   All we can do @wilma is try our best Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I bought a Barefoot Dreams cardigan with patch pockets at Dillards.

enouugh said. LOL

Respected Contributor

I purchased about 6 tops and 4 crop pants for summer this year.  I was really in need of summer clothing in 2020 but put it off till this year.  Some of those items I haven't worn yet because I'm such a home body.  I was before the pandemic, but even more so now.  So, when I'm home and working/cooking around the house....I wear clothing that I don't mind getting a stain or two on (none of my new stuff). I don't need to put on my new KG top and SG crops to clean toilets and cook, they'll get ruined.  I haven't bought anything for Fall yet.  Nothing has really caught my eye.  I ask myself now, is this a need or a want before buying anything.  Sometimes I over think things too much.

Honored Contributor

I have done the same thing. Retired and do not need anything more clothing wise...I ordered a pair of black boots and three pairs of pants. I need more pants like I need another hole in my head🙁

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  I think the fact that you're trying to keep your buying down is good.  Just being mindful is a good step. I'm doing the same.  I did buy some things I don't need.  But it felt so good to go into stores again!  I did buy 4 pair of shoes of late. I have lots of nice Autumn things so I'm done.....I hope.🙄

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma I do admire the approach you have taken to shopping.  We just need a few pieces that look good on us, no need to add.  I do love to shop for fashions (I guess that is why most of us are here), but shopping too much is bad for our budgets and the environment, because what we don't use is just waste.  We as a country don't recycle as much as we do, because it still cheaper to make and sell from scratch than to recycle.  And we all like to save money.  So I am a work in progress.

So lapses happen.  No need to stay off track (repeating that to myself...)