Honored Contributor

Re: I’m Over My Limit 😱🥴

Fall is my favorite time to shop.  I started off with Nordstrom sale and then I hit J. Crew.  I just placed an order with Boden's.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

Do you hace a Sams and Costco in the same location please?  It seems rather unique.

We only have Sams.

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma: I here ya!

Of both  necessity and choice I have done more shopping than I anticipated this month.

I made a few LTS and clearance purchases here at the Q, including a clearance top today that had been on my wish list. Free shipping and a $10.00 credit made it a go.

I picked up two I items that I really liked at Marshall's today, too  but most of my purchases have been new items found on eBay. That keeps the spending guilt to a minimum. It is not unusual for me to buy at end of season prices, but 10 months ago I was a much larger size, and 10 months from now I expect to be a much smaller size, so I am just filling in some fall/ winter items. Having cleaned out my closets I think the clothes shopping for the next few months should (hopefully) slow down as I know exactly what I need.

Like you, I try to be a saver rather than a spender, but I pay off my card balances in full each month. Like many people I purchased very few things last year and I am getting rid of many, many more clothes than I am buying now.

Respected Contributor

Sam's and Costco is about 10 miles from each other.

I guess it's not that unusual, for example Knoxville TN has 2 Sam's and 1 Costco.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Just Bling 

Do you hace a Sams and Costco in the same location please?  It seems rather unique.

We only have Sams.

@ECBG wrote:

@Just Bling 

We only have Sams.

I live near both Sams and Costco.  I shop at both, but prefer Costco.  We have a BJ's nearby too.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva 

Sounds like you got some good deals. Enjoy wearing them. I've never bought anything on eBay, but I have found a few good buys at my Marshall's. Congratulations & continued success on your weight loss journey. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma ...I am right there with you.   I purchased things I did not need as well.  I will try to do better for fall but not promising anything!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@queendiva   So inspiring to read your post.  Sounds as if you are making great choices for yourself.  Congratulations and looking forward to hearing your next 10 month progress.  

@queendiva wrote:

@wilma: I here ya!

Of both  necessity and choice I have done more shopping than I anticipated this month.

I made a few LTS and clearance purchases here at the Q, including a clearance top today that had been on my wish list. Free shipping and a $10.00 credit made it a go.

I picked up two I items that I really liked at Marshall's today, too  but most of my purchases have been new items found on eBay. That keeps the spending guilt to a minimum. It is not unusual for me to buy at end of season prices, but 10 months ago I was a much larger size, and 10 months from now I expect to be a much smaller size, so I am just filling in some fall/ winter items. Having cleaned out my closets I think the clothes shopping for the next few months should (hopefully) slow down as I know exactly what I need.

Like you, I try to be a saver rather than a spender, but I pay off my card balances in full each month. Like many people I purchased very few things last year and I am getting rid of many, many more clothes than I am buying now.

Respected Contributor

Like many veteran shoppers, I already own much more than I need, but of course I always discover that something will catch my eye and I will want to order.

Sometimes the QVC sales are almost too good to pass up!

So as I age, I find I am getting a bit more thoughtful about purchases, and I try to ask the questions:  Do I really, really want it?  (Of course I do not need it!) Will I wear it often enough to make it a smart purchase? Do I already own something similar, and is that the reason I like this item? Is the price a good value?

I try not to regret any past purchases, because at the time I thought they were important, but it sure would be nice to have some of the money I spent back in my pocket.

Sometimes I think about that cute movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic," and warn myself to be careful!!

Super Contributor

My absolute downfall and crazy purchases are makeup and jewelry! Ugh. A person only needs so much jewelry and honestly I should quit buying it. I always buy the same type of items all sterling, funky, southwestern turq and coral. If I see a unique piece I justiffy it by saying I'll never see another one! Makeup I have loved since I was in my teens and now I am in my 60's. I justfy it by saying I worked very hard for 31 yrs in a tough job BUT I can only say that for so long! My husband rolls his syes when he sees some of the packages but he has been giving me the evil eye lately! good luck everyone with your purchases !!!