Honored Contributor

Re: ** I'm Loving PM Style Tonight With Jayne and Courtney **

Love Lisa Rinna, and love that lightweight wrap coat-dress. Perfect! Just my kind of dress with long sleeves, slightly longer length, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I'm bored nothing real eye catching!
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 ednapsych said: I am a huge fan of Jayne's. She could sell me just about anything and I love hearing her describe the items. I am not a fan of Courtney, but I want to give her the benefit of a doubt. I just can't take her "valley girl" twang. Drawing out the last syllable in a word or the last word in a sentence....It is so affected. She is not a teen .....someone needs to tell her!....but it always seems to me that she is latching on to young girl fad talk and it sounds ridiculous and is just not "cute" IMO.. She is a young woman....act like a professional.

Different strokes... Courtney has grown on me, though I can agree she sometimes needs to tone down the cute-sie stuff... It's deadpan Jayne that had me tuning out... Not only was it just getting boring, but her "it's live TV, folks" every few minutes just speaks to either a lack of preparation, which often seems to be the case with her, or a less than capable producer, or both... I'm glad she was having fun, or so she said, but I wasn't...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I quit watching PM Style a long time ago. No interest in returning to it.

Trusted Contributor

I miss Lisa R. and enjoyed her on PMS, however, the presentations and offerings seemed to be repetitive week after week. I enjoyed Jayne with Courtney. I do agree that Courtney can sometimes be kind of "valley girl-ish" (ha ha) but overall I like her. Have to agree though that those pants she was sporting tonight were totally distracting...too loud and also too long!

Now Lisa Rinna...love her! She's got a great personality and breathes life into clothing presentations! Wasn't crazy about that tunic she had on tonight, but to each her own...I'm sure everyone doesn't agree with all of my likes either. I usually love her things but that top didn't look appealing, even on the models....looked like it would wrinkle if you sat down in it too...and I hate ironing!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 2/9/2015 loveour4leggedfriends said:

I am also enjoying this show very much. It is so nice to watch a show where the host does not constantly look into the camera at herself, wears skin tight jackets that are two sizes too small and is always preening. I am sorry but LR was just too narcistic for my taste. I notice that now, there seems to be a more even keel with the hostesses as there is no prima donna anymore and everyone seems to be more relaxed and comfortable. Since she left, I am enjoying the Q much, much more.

Well now good for you. But I am NOT enjoying your jealousy post at all. Unfortunately you don't even have a clue who was a professional, prepared and personable host and who was loved by models and vendors. If you think that Jayne is professional and well prepared for any of her shows, well I guess you never heard her constant cackling, and the total absence of knowledge of colors of clothing, where then the cackling begins again because it is just so funny to her. Last week when she was on with Louis, she knew nothing of his professional background before coming to the Q, and he had to correct her several times. Oh but wait, she did have to comment about Courtney walking in front of her, and then like a child, she had to do it right back to Courtney, and then laughs hysterically about it. That's the way a grown professional host acts? Please! If she's ever on PMStyle or any other show again, I certainly won't be watching.
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 2/9/2015 loveour4leggedfriends said:

I am also enjoying this show very much. It is so nice to watch a show where the host does not constantly look into the camera at herself, wears skin tight jackets that are two sizes too small and is always preening. I am sorry but LR was just too narcistic for my taste. I notice that now, there seems to be a more even keel with the hostesses as there is no prima donna anymore and everyone seems to be more relaxed and comfortable. Since she left, I am enjoying the Q much, much more.

Well now good for you. But I am NOT enjoying your jealousy post at all. Unfortunately you don't even have a clue who was a professional, prepared and personable host and who was loved by models and vendors. If you think that Jayne is professional and well prepared for any of her shows, well I guess you never heard her constant cackling, and the total absence of knowledge of colors of clothing, where then the cackling begins again because it is just so funny to her. Last week when she was on with Louis, she knew nothing of his professional background before coming to the Q, and he had to correct her several times. Oh but wait, she did have to comment about Courtney walking in front of her, and then like a child, she had to do it right back to Courtney, and then laughs hysterically about it. That's the way a grown professional host acts? Please! If she's ever on PMStyle or any other show again, I certainly won't be watching.

While I'm not sure I'd put it quite the same way, I tend to agree... First, it did seem to me that everyone involved with the show was up and having a good time when Lisa was hosting... It also seems that Jane tends to 'phone it in' and often seems ill-prepared... And personally, she does actually strike me as a bit of a prima donna... She tried to make light of Courtney upstaging her, but I think it really ticked her off... She just popped out with "what are you doing"... It wasn't said with humor, though she tried to lighten the mood later... Seems to me she's trying very hard to be the leader of the PM Style pack, but sorry, it isn't working... I've seen Jane do a good show, but it's been the exception rather than the rule... Maybe it's a good thing PM Style is going to two hours, because none of the replacements has been all that compelling carrying a three hour show... Though as late as it's now going to be on, I don't know how often I'll watch anyway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

They were good together. It is nice to see two different generations presenting items together; each lady appeals to a different audience. I agree the pants have to go and even Courtney could not make them look good and I don't think she would wear them in her "real" life. I like Jayne and find her warm and funny. I wrote to her once about a medical issue she was experiencing and she returned a very warm response. For that alone, I have always liked her. I don't understand the criticism of hosts. I don't demand anything of a salesperson in B&M stores.
Trusted Contributor

I also enjoyed the show,Jayne does a wonderful job.When she is alone.She knows the product and does a great job.All the silly stuff with her side kick is gone.Great showJayne!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched part of the show - I'm not a Jayne Brown fan, but I do like Courtney & I wanted to see what they would have on the show. Stevie, I agree that Jayne's initial response to Courtney walking thru the first camera shot was annoyed. She tried to pretend afterward that it was all a good joke, but she doesn't really pull that off well IMO. Personally I consider her to be a bully and a grouch which is why I stopped watching FE as I was tired of watching her push Pat around and annoyed at Pat for allowing it.

I didn't buy anything, I watched off and on since if I don't like the host or the presenters, I won't waste my time. I enjoy Lisa Rinna's items but unfortunately I am not tall and thin and so I don't think those styles would look good on me. Plus I'm in a "no buy" phase right now which is not to say I won't watch.