Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Fine With Wearing Something Not My Best Look

If I do not look good in a certain color BY MY FACE, but I like the color, then I'll wear it in a skirt or pants and enjoy it that way!

-Solar

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have no issues at all with wearing something that is "not my best look," "not very flattering," or "not a good color for me" sometimes if it is something that is OK but not maybe "the best" if it is something I am comfortable in and that I love.

I have friends who wear basically the exact same thing day after day and year after year because it it most flattering, or their color, etc.  They change it up color wise maybe or slightly vary style maybe.

I would be sad to not wear a color I love because I don't think it flatters me.  Sorry, but that's my take on things like this.  Enjoy what you love and don't sweat the little things, as the old saying goes.  And no, nothing inappropriate or indecent or with parts flapping in the breeze!  Woman Embarassed

I think women vary in what they decide is of great importance in their lives. Some look like they stepped out of a magazine ..every hair in place, toned slim body, perfect makeup..I think you get the picture. Then there are those that are confident enough to not care, they please themselves. Most of us are somewhere in between.

Neither is "wrong." Do what makes you happy is my motto.💐

Honored Contributor

How good (or bad) you look depends on where you are going. It's relative.

I never go anywhereWoman LOL so it doesn't matter what I look like. I just want to be comfortable.

Valued Contributor

I look like death warmed over in certain colors. Why would I wear those even if I might like looking at them otherwise?
Honored Contributor

If I had to look my best before going anywhere, I'd never leave the house. 

Honored Contributor

Not me!  It's not even an issue for me.

I don't buy or make anything that doesn't look just great.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I do like to look my best. I try to wear flattering colors and styles . I feel good when I look like l've made an effort. 

@QVCkitty1 I always look neat and groomed.  I just wont want to worry about is this my "best" look, and then not wear something OK that I like, but terrified it isn't my "best look".  I am way over clothing being stressful.  

@Sooner , We are all different and that's what makes life interesting.

@QVCkitty1 And fashion is a hobby with some, but not with others, which makes a difference in our outlook I think.  

@Sooner ,  Fashion is not my hobby. I'm not what you would call  " fashionable."  I wear clothes , but I like to look nice. You make it seem that wanting to wear flattering clothing is shallow. I apologize if I'm wrong. What I won't do is criticize what other women are wearing. You do you.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner This really depends on one's definition of BEST. I try to look my best for that day. If I have been housecleaning all day and realize I need to run to the store, I will make sure I am somewhat matching, and put on a little blush and lipstick. I don't want to run into somebody that looks at me and thinks I may be ill or something but I will look my best for that day and time.

Also, I don't believe it takes any more effort to put on a top that is the right coloring as opposed to a color that makes you look "green" or "pale" and sickly. In another thread I mentioned I had my colors done. I swear by them and it was 30 years ago. I know what looks best on me and gravitate towards those colors when making a purchase. I love Fall colors, Golden's and rusts, but oh boy, they do not look good near my face. Easy remedy. I purchase MY best color in a tank or T that is near my face then get a wrap or cover type shirt, and/or pants in the Fall colors.

Just be confident in yourself. If you feel good in something, go for it. Oh, on that note, I do prefer comfort clothing now more than stylish. 

Trusted Contributor

Not to get off topic here but I've run to the grocery store or dry cleaner, whatever.with a baseball cap, gym shorts and a tee. 

No makeup.

How come everytime I do this I bump into someone I know or used to know like an old boyfriend??  

(I have tried to run when I could and hide in another aisle many times to escape them. lol) 

@santorini I'm just like you with the yellow.  A fair very light platinum blonde.  I talked myself into a yellow jacket about 4 or 5 years ago that was not cheap.  Wore it once but hated it.  Never again.  I stick with color's that flatter me and that's it.

Respected Contributor

My best is long gone. I lost 4 sizes and it took me about 1 1/2 years, so I always wear clothes that fit me now and in colors I like. So, that will have to do at this stage of my life.