Esteemed Contributor

I love the look of the jacket but the chest pockets, belt, and belt loops make it look too bulky for me.  I like the pockets on the bottom portion.  But I would definitely try it on if I ever came across it in a store.

Super Contributor

Love the jacketHeart

Respected Contributor

I agree with the others about the pockets.  Otherwise, very pretty and classic.  Don't care for the second jacket.... to me, it's bulky and has no shape.  That skirt is adorable, though!  At least on the hanger!  LOL

Honored Contributor

I hate chest pockets too, but this jacket is so nice I might be willing to put up with them. It comes in cream and black on their US site, pistachio is sold out. $149

It's machine washable!

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Re: I love this jacket

[ Edited ]

Beautiful jacket Songbird1. But, you really need a nice thin waistline. Not for everyone, obviously in this day of huge waistlinesSmiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Agree with Iceberg. Can't be big busted either. Good for model figure.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Beautiful jacket Songbird1. But, you really need a nice thin waistline. Not for everyone, obviously in this day of huge waistlinesSmiley Happy

A big waistline also usually means big breasted.  So you don't need pockets on them.   You need a small frame to wear this well.  I'm sure they have several styles of jackets without the pockets bringing unwanted attention. 

Respected Contributor

I agree, a small frame would look great in this jacket.

Respected Contributor

I love chest pockets, along with layers, gathers, peasant tops, anything to add a little interest, so to speak 😀. 

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

British company.  I believe all the clothingg is made there.  The color is gorgeous too.  It's from a brand called & Other Stories.  I have a couple of their pieces.  You can usually find at Nordstrom, but they have their own site.  But it's in pounds.   They ship to the U.S.  Their site says this was designed in the U.S.  I just notied it's out of stock on the web site, but probably available in department store.

From the "Details" section:

Shell: Polyester 76%; Viscose 21%; Elastane 3% Lining: Polyester 96%; Elastane 4%

Machine wash cold gentle cycle

Product No.0713162007

IMPORTED

Not sure from where it is imported. It is also mostly made of the dreaded (not to me, but to many here) polyester.