Honored Contributor

The exposed zipper seems very out of place on that dress. Great dress other than that.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

The industrial zippers look good on some items -- jackets, purses, slinky black dress -- but that one doesn't fit the style of the dress at all.

ITA with this! What a beautiful dress though. The color would look terrible on me, but DD would look spectacular! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

The exposed zipper seems very out of place on that dress. Great dress other than that.

Agreed!

I think an invisible zipper would have been much better!

Respected Contributor

I love the dress and the fact that one could wear a regular bra with it, as another poster said. I'm not crazy about the exposed zipper and I wonder if swapping it out for a hidden one would be possible?

Respected Contributor

I agree that the zipper should match.  The color contrast is not a plus.  What were they thinking?  It's a nice dress except for that and the cutouts.  I would never wear those cutouts, but they'd be great on someone who could carry it off.

Respected Contributor

the dress is more of a formal dress and the zipper is too casual.  they don't work together.  exposed zippers don't work well with formal or dressier outifts imo. 

Trusted Contributor

Love the dress, hate the zipper. Smiley Frustrated 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

The zipper is a definate deal breaker for me. Really ugly in my book.

Yes....I have to agree....Love the dress if it wasn't for the zipper...

Honored Contributor

I agree that the zipper is a no-go. But so is the color combo. It reminds me of Pepto Bismol, lol. Sky blue paired with cornflower blue would be nice, IMO... or mint green with teal.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I don't like exposed zippers. 

I've put back several things when I see it has an exposed zipper.