Valued Contributor

Re: I love Queen Elizabeth's Style

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I Googled for info about her pin. It's her Duchy of Lancaster badge. It's associated with the Duchy of Lancaster coat of arms, it's a silver feather with a gold lion standing on a blue banner that reads Sovereyne. She wears it when visiting the Lancaster area, which was her second visit of the day.

Her outfit is by Angela Kelly

Oh wow! Thank you.  I am just now seeing this post.

So interesting.... 

Thanks again!! 

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Being a Brit and lived many years in both London and Cornwall have been lucky enough to one time attend the Queen's Garden Party in London but in Cornwall saw the then QueenMother (now deceased) twice in Falmouth walking down the very narrow street - the Royal Yacht was in harbour - but Prince Charles is Duke of Cornwall and have seen him, been close enough to touch him on several occasions when he was in Truro.  He us so kind and natural.

Must say the outfits worn by all always just right.  Only occasion we missed out on was when my father in law received his MBA at Buckingham Palace we were in the USA.  Nice to see people liking this family as in fact they do do a lot of good works in the UK.

Valued Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Being a Brit and lived many years in both London and Cornwall have been lucky enough to one time attend the Queen's Garden Party in London but in Cornwall saw the then QueenMother (now deceased) twice in Falmouth walking down the very narrow street - the Royal Yacht was in harbour - but Prince Charles is Duke of Cornwall and have seen him, been close enough to touch him on several occasions when he was in Truro.  He us so kind and natural.

Must say the outfits worn by all always just right.  Only occasion we missed out on was when my father in law received his MBA at Buckingham Palace we were in the USA.  Nice to see people liking this family as in fact they do do a lot of good works in the UK.

What lovely memories you have! 

Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I worked at a thoroughbred farm several years ago where the Queen came to visit to look at Stallions to breed her mares to.

We weren't allowed to even see her  visiting, the farm management made us stay in the warm room (in the barn) until she had come and gone.

We were just the help, doncha know.

And I thought I was going to get to see the Queen that day.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@dulwich  But Charles always seems to uptight and stuffy to me.  Haughty.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  On the occasions I saw Prince Chuck - as we called him - he was very approachable - he has farms and factories in Cornwall and visits a lot - always smiling, would stop and talk to us in a group when he suddenly would appear in the market square.  Very approachable we all thought and always laughing.  

Yes thankyou Pearley good memories - have a good weekend all.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot   How sad for you have never ever heard of this before - think your management were over keen.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@QueenDanceALot   How sad for you have never ever heard of this before - think your management were over keen.

Oh, the stories I could tell about management!

Anyway, I was disappointed but I got over it.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  I love your stories!   Was Prince Chuck always in his double-breasted suit (or jacket) and tie when you saw him?  The guy just seems so stiff and rigid to me.  Relax, Chuck!   Also, have you seen Camilla in person?  Does she look any better in person? 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  No never seen Camilla but most of the time when the Prince was in Cornwall he was working on his farms and it was usual for him to be in open neck shirt, sleeves rolled up and wearing green 'wellies' as we call the - Wellington boots the Hunter make of course - very casual.  I bred horses at that time he was dressed the same as most of us - of course when he was "on duty" suit, tie, etc but not often when he was in Cornwall when I saw him.  He did wear a beautiful pinky ring though.

Did also do some three day eventing and horse trials at Princess Anne's estate - but that was a whole different kettle of fish!

Thank you for asking have hardly ever talked about these events before most people not interested but when I go home to u.k. girlfriends and I sit and laugh about all our old times as I am sure we all do.