Honored Contributor

Re: I love Queen Elizabeth's Style

I would think it has to do with all the tragedies lately in England. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Frequent Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Primarily Irish, but secondary British ancestry and I truly have a lot of respect for Queen Elizabeth. She has served her country admirably in the capacity to which she was born.  A charming, elegant woman,  who has endured more criticism than she deserves, but still stands strong, like her beloved country.  I pray that she is granted many more years to enjoy her family = especially those preious great grandchildren..  And selfishly I pray that she will make William king instead of Charles.  Just MHO.

I am a 75yr old English lady..I love your sweet comments...But!..Charles Will be King, she will never choose William over Charles..that isn't how the Royalty work...but having said that ...One never knows...Charles is a sweet hard working sensitive Guy....I ...like you hope the Queen have many more happy years..

Honored Contributor

There was another picture posted today of her riding a better-looking horse accompanied by this same man.  It mentioned how hot it was in GB but she was wearing a sweater. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@Fona wrote:

Pearley:  I am English and we all grew up with a great interest in the Royal Family.  We have always known that Prince Charles is very friendly and likes nothing better than to visit and chat with all kinds of people, especially those who have lived and worked on the Royal estates for most of their lives.  Apparently he also loves Scotland and has a number of long-time old folks he visits for a cup of tea and a chat in the outlying villages around Balmoral.  It is unfortunate that he comes across as stuffy and haughty because I think he is a sensitive man who does care a lot about people.  I often think that he is more cut out to live a country life but he does have a great sense of duty towards the UK and I honestly believe he will make a good King. 

Well said Fona!...I am English too!

Frequent Contributor

IMG_2230.JPG
@Whippit wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

Primarily Irish, but secondary British ancestry and I truly have a lot of respect for Queen Elizabeth. She has served her country admirably in the capacity to which she was born.  A charming, elegant woman,  who has endured more criticism than she deserves, but still stands strong, like her beloved country.  I pray that she is granted many more years to enjoy her family = especially those preious great grandchildren..  And selfishly I pray that she will make William king instead of Charles.  Just MHO.

I am a 75yr old English lady..I love your sweet comments...But!..Charles Will be King, she will never choose William over Charles..that isn't how the Royalty work...but having said that ...One never knows...Charles is a sweet hard working sensitive Guy....I ...like you hope the Queen have many more happy years..

Trusted Contributor

Queen Elizabeth's mount in the photo on this thread is a Fell Pony, a breed indigenous to nothern England.  It is actually a good mount for her at her age for several reasons.  The Fell is a very docile breed with a good mind and would likely be a very quiet ride.   Also, her leg placement is very good for her.

I have always seen her riding with a scarf on her head.  I'd much prefer  seeing her in a safety helmet though!

Respected Contributor

She looks great today

The Queen arrives at Royal Ascot

Valued Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

She looks great today

The Queen arrives at Royal Ascot

Yes!  I loved the photo too and was going to post it!!

Honored Contributor

Oh no, Duchess Kate wore an extremely similar outfit today to last year's.  Could she have recycled and re-engineered?

The Queen's outfit looks like lime sherbet.  What a beautiful shade but one I cannot wear.

Esteemed Contributor

THe reigning monarch whoever it is does not get to select their successor.  THe order of Succession to the throne is set by British law as passed by Parliment.  I think the law is called the "British Law of Royal Succession" or something like that.