Valued Contributor

Re: I love Queen Elizabeth's Style

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 8.07.02 PM.png

Respected Contributor

Hi @Swissguy! I am so happy I have an opportunity to talk with you! I am fascinated by royalty of all nations, but am particularly in love with the British monarchy-I have read a lot!

Queen Elizabeth was always above current trends-so unlike the younger set who have graciously lent their celebrity to bring back textiles and fashion in the UK....yet Queen Elizabeth was always so tasteful in her dress! I love the Hartnell gowns she wore-and her mother as well. I hope that one day they will be catalogued for textile lovers and fashionistas alike!

....and her skin???? Should I be graced to live into my 90's, I can only hope! Even in age, she just exudes glamour and a dignified beauty.

Are you a transplant here or born here? I'm asking only because of everything I have ever read and seen about Switzerland, I don't think I would ever want to leave....it is a Blue Zone country-and I love what I have read about the social strata: if it's true, how much more civilized could you be?

Welcome and hugs new friend,

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Hi @Swissguy! I am so happy I have an opportunity to talk with you! I am fascinated by royalty of all nations, but am particularly in love with the British monarchy-I have read a lot!

Queen Elizabeth was always above current trends-so unlike the younger set who have graciously lent their celebrity to bring back textiles and fashion in the UK....yet Queen Elizabeth was always so tasteful in her dress! I love the Hartnell gowns she wore-and her mother as well. I hope that one day they will be catalogued for textile lovers and fashionistas alike!

....and her skin???? Should I be graced to live into my 90's, I can only hope! Even in age, she just exudes glamour and a dignified beauty.

Are you a transplant here or born here? I'm asking only because of everything I have ever read and seen about Switzerland, I don't think I would ever want to leave....it is a Blue Zone country-and I love what I have read about the social strata: if it's true, how much more civilized could you be?

Welcome and hugs new friend,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

Thanks so much!

I was born in Switzerland and grew up after age 10 in the US.  However, I still have in Zurich so I go back all the time.

I love the monarchy as well!!

The English and Swedish are my favorites but I also love Monaco and try to follow what's going on there as well.

Queen Elizabeth is very inspirational to me and I think she is super elegant and hope to have as much focus and determination in my life as I get older.

I also like following the younger Royals in England and Sweden.....Although Queen Silvia looked beautiful today and I was thinking of posting some photos or her!!

Honored Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

It's sad isn't it--some of the things said on these boards.  My motto for posting is-- I would never say something on here that I wouldn't say about someone in my family--like my mom or sister.

Well if my sister's breasts were sagging due to malfunctioning undergarments, I'd let her know. (and hope she'd tell me the same)

I would not tell the Queen she needed a bra fitting. (not that I'd ever have the chance to)

@Swissguy

I've noticed you seem incensed by comments contrary to yours.  You need to grow a thicker skin to survive on these boards.

I would never post or say something about a female family members under garments let alone a celebrity or member of the royal family!  

And sorry but I feel 90 percent of the stuff posted on these boards is unkind.  As such, I refuse to partake in these caddy comments or adding on to posts about peoples flaws or speculative theories where people say someone is making something up!  I don't feel that's kind or right.   

BTW I have been on the boards since 2010 under my former user name so I am well aware of how people are here!! Unfortunately many have been quite unkind to me calling me all sorts of names!! 

I thought we probably knew you under another name.  I guess you are not going to share that name.

Respected Contributor

Good morning @Swissguy! Long ago-when there were still bulletin boards with special interests you could subscribe to, I belonged to a monarchy group: it was amazing! We discussed everything from court circulars to history: we had a field day when Lady Diana came onto the scene!

You got me thinking about the days when I used to buy Majesty Magazine: it seemingly disappeared. But guess what? I found it again on the Amazon news stand! I can't wait to read it!

If you don't subscribe, you would love it!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor

When you get to be 90 you've seen a lot!  And the Queen said the recent fire was one of the worst things she has every seen.  I still think she managed to look so elegant as she visited the scene.  I see a lot of interest in her face in this photo:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 1.01.25 PM.png

Valued Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Good morning @Swissguy! Long ago-when there were still bulletin boards with special interests you could subscribe to, I belonged to a monarchy group: it was amazing! We discussed everything from court circulars to history: we had a field day when Lady Diana came onto the scene!

You got me thinking about the days when I used to buy Majesty Magazine: it seemingly disappeared. But guess what? I found it again on the Amazon news stand! I can't wait to read it!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

@poddlepet2

I would have loved the group!!

The boards now seem so harsh......

I saw this lovely photo of Daina today..... I kept thinking is that really her!!

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 1.06.35 PM.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poodlepet2 wrote:

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Hi, @Poodlepet2!   We haven't "talked" in quite some time...  always great to see you!❤️    There are specialized forums, even today, and those which are well-moderated can be a pleasure.    However, I think the numbers have dwindled with the advent of other social media platforms, particularly Facebook which is conducive to more of a conversational style.   Instagram, too.   I still think this is a great place to share and learn, though, and I'm glad we have the access.   Take care, and have a lovely weekend!   Nice thread, @Swissguy!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I love that photo of Diana

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Swissguy wrote:

I would never post or say something about a female family members under garments let alone a celebrity or member of the royal family!  

And sorry but I feel 90 percent of the stuff posted on these boards is unkind.  As such, I refuse to partake in these caddy comments or adding on to posts about peoples flaws or speculative theories where people say someone is making something up!  I don't feel that's kind or right.   

BTW I have been on the boards since 2010 under my former user name so I am well aware of how people are here!! Unfortunately many have been quite unkind to me calling me all sorts of names!! 

Hi, @Swissguy!   I'm sorry you're discouraged with the Community.   I've been here since 2010, too, and I feel that the majority of posters are interesting and supportive and willing to hear us if we take time to hear them.   I wouldn't continue to post here for 7 years if I didn't feel that way.   

Just my opinion, but if I'm feeling a lot of negativity I take that as an alert to step back and look at myself, time for self-awareness I suppose.   Because I've learned that for the most part we tend to receive from others the kind of energy that we send out to others (if that makes sense).   And we see positivity and goodness if we look for it.   I've learned that people notice if we try to follow the standards and guidelines and if we do our best to be respectful and civil to others.   

There always will be opposing views, and those are worth considering, in my opinion.   That's how we learn...  instead of only hearing comments that agree with us.   For certain, the occasional "slings and arrows" may come out of the blue...  those can be hurtful, and I think people forget we're real flesh-and-blood human beings on the other side of these nicknames.   Being limited to the written word, often there will be misinterpretations.   I've found it helps to follow up on misunderstandings and try to clear them up and find common ground, or at the least amicably "agree to disagree."   I hope you find a way to see the goodness in most of us, and pass by the very, very few who are intentionally hurtful.

Take care, and have a lovely weekend!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova