Valued Contributor

Re: I love Queen Elizabeth's Style

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 8.28.45 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Queen Elizabeth always looks lovely when she's dressed for official engagements. It's hard to believe that she's just turned 91!

For all of you handbag lovers, the Queen's handbags are by Launer. Here's a recent Good Housekeeping article about the Queen's bags:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/fashion/news/a37701/queen-elizabeth-launer-purse/

Valued Contributor

@TY wrote:

Queen Elizabeth always looks lovely when she's dressed for official engagements. It's hard to believe that she's just turned 91!

For all of you handbag lovers, the Queen's handbags are by Launer. Here's a recent Good Housekeeping article about the Queen's bags:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/fashion/news/a37701/queen-elizabeth-launer-purse/

Wow! 

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Much as I like what she wears - including the custom matching hats and her gorgeous royal jewelry, often huge brooches, I always think her outfit is ruined by her foundation garments underneath.   She needs bras that support her!  Camilla has the exact same wardrobe problem.  Maybe they just don't have any good bras in England but it sure always ruins Elizabeth's and Camilla's "look" to me.  Someone take them to buy proper underwear!

I cannot believe that anyone would be concerned (or even observant of ) the lingerie that the Queen of England is wearing.  WHY?  She is a lovely woman, well into her senior years.  Do you know anyone who is her age that has "perky boobs"?  Wait till you're her age (as I almost am) and see if your priorities and your physical facts of life don't change. As for Camilla, there is nothing attractive about her either in appearance or morality, thus a non-issue for me. 

Valued Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Much as I like what she wears - including the custom matching hats and her gorgeous royal jewelry, often huge brooches, I always think her outfit is ruined by her foundation garments underneath.   She needs bras that support her!  Camilla has the exact same wardrobe problem.  Maybe they just don't have any good bras in England but it sure always ruins Elizabeth's and Camilla's "look" to me.  Someone take them to buy proper underwear!

I cannot believe that anyone would be concerned (or even observant of ) the lingerie that the Queen of England is wearing.  WHY?  She is a lovely woman, well into her senior years.  Do you know anyone who is her age that has "perky boobs"?  Wait till you're her age (as I almost am) and see if your priorities and your physical facts of life don't change. As for Camilla, there is nothing attractive about her either in appearance or morality, thus a non-issue for me. 

It's sad isn't it--some of the things said on these boards.  My motto for posting is-- I would never say something on here that I wouldn't say about someone in my family--like my mom or sister.

Honored Contributor

Because some people have no filter

@Perkup wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

It's sad isn't it--some of the things said on these boards.  My motto for posting is-- I would never say something on here that I wouldn't say about someone in my family--like my mom or sister.

Well if my sister's breasts were sagging due to malfunctioning undergarments, I'd let her know. (and hope she'd tell me the same)

I would not tell the Queen she needed a bra fitting. (not that I'd ever have the chance to)

@Swissguy

I've noticed you seem incensed by comments contrary to yours.  You need to grow a thicker skin to survive on these boards.

Respected Contributor

I live in Chicago and worked at the Board of Trade in 1978. The Board of Trade is where all of the big commodity traders are present during those times.  Prince Charles visited that year.  He was very handsome in a beautifully cut Saville Row suit, but what surprised me were his bright blue eyes and shiny brown hair.  The traders said afterwards who had the opportunity to chat with him:  He was very knowledgeable and quite interested in trading practices.  I gathered he asked intelligent questions based on his vast knowledge of commodity trading.  In every case he surprised them.  They did not feel he was going throught the motions.  In other words Charles made a good impression.

On another front I am old enough to remember Elizabeth and her sister, Margaret as younger woman.  They were both attractive and were in the fashion pages of Vogue, etc.  Elizabeth has always been the model of decorum. I do agree Charlotte resembles Elizabeth as a young girl.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

Well if my sister's breasts were sagging due to malfunctioning undergarments, I'd let her know. (and hope she'd tell me the same)

I would not tell the Queen she needed a bra fitting. (not that I'd ever have the chance to)

@Swissguy

I've noticed you seem incensed by comments contrary to yours.  You need to grow a thicker skin to survive on these boards.

I would never post or say something about a female family members under garments let alone a celebrity or member of the royal family!  

And sorry but I feel 90 percent of the stuff posted on these boards is unkind.  As such, I refuse to partake in these caddy comments or adding on to posts about peoples flaws or speculative theories where people say someone is making something up!  I don't feel that's kind or right.   

BTW I have been on the boards since 2010 under my former user name so I am well aware of how people are here!! Unfortunately many have been quite unkind to me calling me all sorts of names!! 

Valued Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 8.04.08 PM.png