Super Contributor

Re: I love Queen Elizabeth's Style

Pearley:  I am English and we all grew up with a great interest in the Royal Family.  We have always known that Prince Charles is very friendly and likes nothing better than to visit and chat with all kinds of people, especially those who have lived and worked on the Royal estates for most of their lives.  Apparently he also loves Scotland and has a number of long-time old folks he visits for a cup of tea and a chat in the outlying villages around Balmoral.  It is unfortunate that he comes across as stuffy and haughty because I think he is a sensitive man who does care a lot about people.  I often think that he is more cut out to live a country life but he does have a great sense of duty towards the UK and I honestly believe he will make a good King. 

Honored Contributor

@Fona wrote:

Pearley:  I am English and we all grew up with a great interest in the Royal Family.  We have always known that Prince Charles is very friendly and likes nothing better than to visit and chat with all kinds of people, especially those who have lived and worked on the Royal estates for most of their lives.  Apparently he also loves Scotland and has a number of long-time old folks he visits for a cup of tea and a chat in the outlying villages around Balmoral.  It is unfortunate that he comes across as stuffy and haughty because I think he is a sensitive man who does care a lot about people.  I often think that he is more cut out to live a country life but he does have a great sense of duty towards the UK and I honestly believe he will make a good King. 

@Fona  Loved your post about Charles - good to know he isn't as haughty or stuffy as he appears.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

I love the Duke of Edinburgh, his looks of course...and she is the Queen so authentic, so frugal even stingy. My favorite royal accesory is her mega bag I have always wondered what does she carry? Royals NEVER have money with them by definition, maybe a handkerchief who knows however they make a statement. QEII would not be herself withou her huge handbags, her horses, her Hermes carres, her pearls, her lovely skin and her magnificent brooches.

My favorite was the Queen mother.🌻

I wonder if the frugality came from living thru WWII.  Her parents always helped and probably had to sacrifice things.  She was probably taught that way.  I know I was.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I love the babushka to protect her do.

She wears Hermes scarves.

Valued Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I love the babushka to protect her do.

She wears Hermes scarves.

I love her scarves as well and suspected they were Hermes!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

This was a lovely one from yesterday's drive to church Heart

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 7.17.32 PM.png

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The official birthday of the Queen is next week!  

If this is what William wore to the rehearsal I can't wait to see what Queen Elizabeth wears to the real thing!

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 3.50.55 PM.png

Respected Contributor

I was lucky enough to be home and got to go to

the Trooping of the Colour last year when the Queen - in her carriage - wore kind of bright lime green hat and coat.  She was very visible in this color - she is very small but could be seen clearly as the color was bright.

I have been at 3 Troops in my lifetime Queen on horseback except last year - watched the rehearsal today live on my uk proxy tv it always makes me cry.

My father-in-law was military man so we always were lucky to get seats, etc and good viewings at the parades.

Valued Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I was lucky enough to be home and got to go to

the Trooping of the Colour last year when the Queen - in her carriage - wore kind of bright lime green hat and coat.  She was very visible in this color - she is very small but could be seen clearly as the color was bright.

I have been at 3 Troops in my lifetime Queen on horseback except last year - watched the rehearsal today live on my uk proxy tv it always makes me cry.

My father-in-law was military man so we always were lucky to get seats, etc and good viewings at the parades.

Wow! What lovely experiences you've had... Thank you for sharing.

I  tried to post another photo from today's rehearsal but couldn't due to it being TOO LARGE ... They only let you post photos under certain sizes I guess.  I liked this one, however, of William on the white horse.

I can't wait to see what the queen wears this year.  I find her to be such an inspiration!!

Thanks again for posting

Respected Contributor

@Swissguy  Thank you for your kind comments nice to share an interest.  Have a great Sunday.