Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Call me weird, but I have no trouble seeing Leah's face.

I love her natural hair.

@faeriemoonme either but then I never understood all the complaints about a certain other host's hair hanging in her face either.  

Super Contributor

Too much hair for Leah to carry off!  I don't care for it at all.  It swallows her head.

Esteemed Contributor

Leah is so classy, fashionable and beautiful, she can wear a mophead for hair, and still look gorgeous!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Leah is so classy, fashionable and beautiful, she can wear a mophead for hair, and still look gorgeous!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Plus, it's HER hair. It shouldn't have to tamed into something that people find more appropriate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: I love Leah's hair

[ Edited ]

It's called 'good hair' in the black community as opposed to naturally textured hair. My best friend in college was AA and we would kid about having 'good hair' ...mine is stick-straight and hers was textured. She would always say 'good hair' was what the white women had and perms were something taken from black beauty. You always want what you don't have...I always wanted curly hair and my BFF wanted hers straight.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's called 'good hair' in the Black community as opposed to naturally textured hair. My best friend in college was AA and we would kid about having 'good hair' ...mine is stick-straight and hers was textured. She would always say 'good hair' was what the White women had and perms were something taken from Black beauty. You always want what you don't have...I always wanted curly hair and my BFF wanted hers straight.

@SilleeMee, the crucial difference being that white women with perms were unlikely to face the the criticism that black women face every day if they are natural. It affects so many aspects of their lives.

Hey, I think you'd appreciate the correction: The words "white" and "black" to designate race are not capitalized. However, "Causcasion" and "African American" are.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I edited my post @suzyQ3 . Actually I wasn't sure about capitalizing  'black' and 'white' when I wrote that. Thanks for pointing that out to me.