Respected Contributor

Re: I like Shawn a lot, but...

I think she is attractive and she never generated much feeling one way or another. You figure that most of these hosts hired for the Q had aspirations of being a "personality." There are a few exceptions to this. And those who didn't and wound up at the Q, I happen to like better.

As for Suzie Orman, she did come up in the world.  Love it..

Valued Contributor

@cah wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-TWLJ2ly7w

This was her last appearance..

==============================================================

Thank you for this, it's very, very interesting.  I'm a little amazed that Martha Stewart is calling out Shawn for the things she says.  Have we not here, in viewer land, been calling her out for the same?  She is verbose - she wants to hear herself speak so much that she ends up saying crazy things and then we here in viewer land are left going, "what - did you hear what Shawn said"? 

Martha tells her to and I quote "think before you speak - don't say things that then you are so willing to retract so easily".  And then Shawn has the nerve to bring up (to Martha Stewart no less) her stint in "TV news" and Martha is like "no - just stop - not impressed", and shoots that little jem down.  Thank you Martha.  Not a fan of Martha Stewart, but the woman knows her sh**t.  At the same time knowing that Shawn had to go up against that viper Bethanny Frankle does get my sympapthy. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@JavaQueen wrote:

With her hair and makeup, she looks closer to Suzie Orman. You should have seen a picture of her from 2005--at the time she was fired by Martha Stewart on The Apprentice.

C25021EC-8005-4F1A-95C0-37B1864E3B7E.jpg

Java, Is this pic Shawn?  If so, she needs a make-over.  She needs to lose the striped hair and at least half of her eye makeup.  The pic is of someone fresh not overdone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

Sounds to me like Mike Rowe might have a mouthful of sour grapes.

Mike Rowe was so fun to watch. He was my favorite host ever  on QVC. I don't think he has sour grapes at all.  You could totally tell he was not loving being a host  and watching him selling some real duds  was the most entertaining part. He can be seen  YouTube selling some awful  dolls,and a cat play sack,etc. Plus, Mike Rowe is also pretty hot,LOL. 

And nothing about Shawn looks like Princess Diana... to my eyes.

Trusted Contributor

Shawn is beautiful inside and out. Unlike many of those on these boards who are always finding fault with her.  

Valued Contributor

Shawn does not look like Princess Di. Princess Di had blue eyes, fair skin, true blonde hair and was not overly made up.  Shawn has become very needy for attention and says some pretty crazy things of late.  She has a hard artificial look to her; has dated hair color and wears way too much eye make up and not enough lip color, tho that has improved since she lost the white she used to wear.

Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

@cah wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-TWLJ2ly7w

This was her last appearance..

I had  never seen that  show until now..Shawn sure has NOT come up in the world since the Apprentice appearance.....she has settled for mediocre with QVC....rather embarrassing for her I imagine.  Her hair looked a lot better back then not all the crazy streaks she wears now. 

I agree her hair looked better.  But, that being said, I loved her hair the first year she was on QVC.  It never looked better.

I think she has certainly NOT settled for mediocre with QVC.  She's probably pulling in 500K which would be more than what she was making in Florida as a part-time newswoman.  She also gets tons of free products.  

I think she looked fantastic the first year she was on the Q, but now she's too goth and I don't care for the hair style.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

I totally agree!!  Leave her alone!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Leave Shawn alone? She is beautiful  inside and out?   Shawn brought up the "people say I look like Princess Diana " topic.  That,in my opine,makes the topic fair to discuss;even on this tightly monitored forum. No one is really trashing her. It is posters discussing whether or not they think she does look like Diana. Shawn and all the hosts want customers to feel they are our friends and overstate everything about their lives. It's not realistic to think there won't be any negative posts  about all they spill on air,Facebook,and  blogs.   As far as any tv person being beautiful inside,how can anyone even know that unless they know them personally? It's  just speculation.  Viewers only  know what they tell. 

Regular Contributor

I agree with @HB glamma Princess Diana had very blue eyes and Shawn has dark brown eyes...