Honored Contributor

Re: I like Shawn a lot, but...

She seems to be someone who has a look and is stuck with it.  I always think people who don't try to reinvent themselves along the way are missing out on so much in life.  Really change up your look occasionally!  Change your hair, your makeup, your clothing style!  Think about how many choices are out there.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the Q much anymore so I have never heard that comparison.  I don't think she looks like Princess Diana. 

Respected Contributor

I did not see much of this show but wasn't everybody asked "What famous person do people say you look like?"  I didn't get the impression that Shawn was only talking about herself or bringing up Princess Di as a bragging point.  But then I didn't catch more than 20 minutes.

Honored Contributor

DH says she looks like Suze Orman.
Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:
DH says she looks like Suze Orman.

Not a very good complement. 

Trusted Contributor

She doesn't resemble her in the least.  Some people just look at a hair do and think there is a resemblane.  Even her hair doesn't really look like Princess Diana's.   And she doesn't dress in the same way at Princess Di.

Honored Contributor

Frequent Contributor

I see it

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@birkin baby wrote:

Leave Shawn alone? She is beautiful  inside and out?   Shawn brought up the "people say I look like Princess Diana " topic.  That,in my opine,makes the topic fair to discuss;even on this tightly monitored forum. No one is really trashing her. It is posters discussing whether or not they think she does look like Diana. Shawn and all the hosts want customers to feel they are our friends and overstate everything about their lives. It's not realistic to think there won't be any negative posts  about all they spill on air,Facebook,and  blogs.   As far as any tv person being beautiful inside,how can anyone even know that unless they know them personally? It's  just speculation.  Viewers only  know what they tell. 

ITA

Shawn is who you make of her.  She may or may not be "beautiful on the inside and out".  I think she's cute.  I don't think she's beautiful.  She is who she may think she is on a particular day, and I think she changes daily.  Her look is fluid.  I don't think Shawn is the person you see on TV though.  I think she's super complex and has not yet found herself.  Sorry....just my thoughts on her. She doesn't yet know herself.  Thus....all the self reflection she has and prophecies.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

IMO..

Shawn has a great deal of "deep-rooted" issues who appears to be secure.  In reality, she is extremely insecure.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"