Honored Contributor

Re: I know it's not fashion but

@Andreatoo wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

I just watched a video of her describing a ring. It's such a different role than when she was at the Q. When she was selling fashion, or fitness items, she was very animated. This job calls for her to be elegant and more sedate. She has adapted well, and is doing a good job, IMO.

@handygal2

I always liked Albany but I'm feeling a bit duped since she no longer has her signature drawl! Was it affect or did she see a speech therapist?

@Andreatoo: Good point-- I suspect it's a little of both!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Re: I know it's not fashion but

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

I just watched a video of her describing a ring. It's such a different role than when she was at the Q. When she was selling fashion, or fitness items, she was very animated. This job calls for her to be elegant and more sedate. She has adapted well, and is doing a good job, IMO.

@handygal2

I always liked Albany but I'm feeling a bit duped since she no longer has her signature drawl! Was it affect or did she see a speech therapist?

I think it's just toned down to match the "elegance" of the items she's presenting. Many people adapt their way of speaking for a particular work environment. (I always liked her on the Q, too -- lots of fun and great energy!)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention -- I'm not a regular Evine viewer, and it was nice to see her again!