Honored Contributor

Re: I keep reading about tight sleeves

I have found Q sleeves are always quite roomy. I wish they were cut a bit slimmer. 

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have found Q sleeves are always quite roomy. I wish they were cut a bit slimmer. 

Counting on the standard QVC fit, I bought 4 Tulani tops.  Loved the prints so I just placed them on hangers, intending to wear them when the weather warmed.  To my chagrin, much too late to return these relatively expensive blouses, the sleeves are all much much too narrow.  I will never purchase anything of hers ever again, I am cautious about anything QVC anymore. The short changing seems to be in keeping with the new policy of stinginess across the board.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we were in the Philippines, I went into a store and the lady remarked as I entered, "We not have anything fit you here.."  I thought, hmmmm "Must be that an XL would surely fit me."  That size did but in a few years, I had gained weight and could no longer wear them.  I had purchased a traditional Filipino cocktail dress and what I would consider a robe.  Not to worry, our daughter-in-law was able to wear them just fine. At the time she was wearing a size-6.

Respected Contributor

It does seem that sleeves are getting tighter. I have to watch sleeve measurement anyway because I have very large upper arms, but I've gotten a few things lately where it fit everywhere else but the arms. And those retailers who say smaller cut sleeves make you look skinny---well, not on me! It looks like Bruce Banner changing into the Hulk right where he's about to bust out of his shirt! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13  I agree. I have seen two slim anchor ladies on TV, and both of them looked like their arms were stuffed sausages

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon 

I found that to be true of the SG blazer I picked up for 6.99 but to be fair I don't wear alot of sleeves...I do have 3 pieces 'in process' with long sleeves so I'll let you all know...

My issue is usualy with the shoulders and not the sleeves.My arms are pretty average...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon 

I found that to be true of the SG blazer I picked up for 6.99 but to be fair I don't wear alot of sleeves...I do have 3 pieces 'in process' with long sleeves so I'll let you all know...

My issue is usualy with the shoulders and not the sleeves.My arms are pretty average...

@Andreatoo  I'm wearing a SG top today and as I am cooking I keep pushing the sleeves up, but they keep falling back down because they are so wide.  Very frustrating.  Maybe it's just a SG thing

Respected Contributor

On the other hand, I've found that the larger sizes (anything from XL and up) have extraordinarily wide sloppy sleeves!  They make you look wider and they don't stay up when you push them up a bit.

I wear a L now and the sleeves fit properly most of the time, but if I need a bit more room in the hip area in a tunic length the sleeves get so long and so wide and so not good.

Many times if it is possible I take in the sleeves on the seam at least 1 to 2 inches.  And believe me, I don't have skinny arms.  

It's a mystery to me that there are complaints about skinny sleeves!

Honored Contributor

I've never had an issue with sleeves being tight.  Long?  Yes, but not tight.

I have really skinny wrists and usually have to do some slight alteration to blouses with cufffs.