Trusted Contributor

Re: I just wanted to say how much I miss Joan

I miss her too.
Super Contributor

I miss her too. I was watching DD last night on Q, though, and he is doing a wonderful job presenting her line.

Honored Contributor

Even though DD is doing a great job, her absence is overpowering.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I agree!!!!!!!! David is doing a fabulous job, but still really miss Joan!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Valued Contributor

Kathy Levine wrote this after Joan Rivers died. This is so funny and so Joan and Kathy.

I believe it was our 7th anniversary together, and wool is the gift for that year. As we wrapped up the show, Joan said she wanted to buy me something symbolic for our seventh, so she thought of buying me a sweater. Then she thought better of it and decided I should knit my own sweater from my very own sheep. Out from backstage walked a person with a LIVE sheep.

I am an animal lover, particularly dogs, but definitely farm animals as well. I saw this wooly beauty and went crazy. I screamed, I laughed, and I ran over like a shot to pet it, leaving Joan alone on the other side.

What no one knew or saw at first was that Joan had her microphone battery pack wrapped around the chair instead of attached to her waistline. She was basically tethered to her chair, a prisoner. Instead of being a prima donna, typical of most celebrities calling attention to their dilemma and taking away from the perfect moment, Joan sucked it up and grabbed her chair right to her butt and waddled on over slowly. When I turned around and saw her schlepping herself with this big heavy chair stuck to her aszs, it absolutely doubled me in half and I lost it for 5 minutes. It was one of the funniest moments of my TV life.

Back in the Green Room afterwards, I made Joan watch the tape and we both stood there with tears running down our faces. Only Joan. They broke the mold after her.
Baaaaaaaaah

Kathy Levine, September 4, 2014

Honored Contributor

i miss her also and am very glad that i have a number of her pieces that remind me of her.

i think david dangle is doing a fine job carrying on with her line AND i appreciate his memories and photos of her that he posts online every so often.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

What I admired the most about Joan was her tenacious drive. Her ability to put her head down and push forward despite it all. Some called her unflattering names regarding this, but I (along with many, many other) saw it as a very determined will. A self confidence (even if she didn't feel it) to tackle what she had to tackle, to do what she felt she should do and to heck with everyone who didn't like it ..... and along the way she was hilarious~!

That kind of indomitable spirit doesn't come along every day.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I wonder if any new "Joan Knows Best" shows were taped before she passed away. I loved watching that show! What touched me the most was her love and total devotion to Melissa. My mom is long gone, and I loved to see them interact. No matter the situation, you always knew they loved each other so much, even when Joan was bugging the "you know what" out of Melissa!

Super Contributor

ITA. Every time I see David on, I say Oh, Joan would have been on. I really miss her. I turn it off, I don't watch anymore.

Contributor

So missing Joan