Respected Contributor

Re: I just tried to watch fashions...

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

PM Style, used to be an old reliable fashion show, featuring new styles.  But they were showing beauty.  Now we know why they discontinued the beauty channel -- they show beauty in all the fashion shows.  Tonight's show, so far of 13 items, 4 are beauty, one piece of jewelry, one pair of shoes, one handbag, one bathing suit, one lingerie item, 4 items of clothing.  AM Style on Saturday was almost all beauty, or Leah sitting at a table.  I don't get it.  

That seems like a pretty good mix of style items for a style show. Just like a fashion/style magazine.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I agree.  I watched a little of AM Style on Saturday morning and the majority of items were beauty related.  Perhaps this month, there is an emphasis on beauty products.  Who knows what they're thinking?

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan 

ROFL!  Smiley LOL

That would be a stretch, but don't be surprised!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

The beauty products they feature are overpriced IMO, and l believe that QVC makes a big profit on them. So they will throw them in as often as they can get away with it!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Sorry, I'm still on Binky from the Hamptons by Cherry 🤣 Lost total focus now!

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't mind the beauty in small doses, but not like they do in AM Style. Amy is not that bad tonight, not acting too stupid or childish, which tells me she is just acting and that's not how she is in real life, hopefully.

I finally asked a couple people if I acted like that when I was young.....would explain a lot..... I forgot their answer but I think it was a sort of yes...... 😲

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I never watch those shows. You never get pertinent information. It was just a bunch of stupid pretending  stories

I don't know what they do now, but if they don't discuss fabrication and fit and laundering information, what is left?

I don't care about Bunny of Binkie in the Hamptons

Totally agree. 

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the seams of a garment being shown, at least occasionally in the past, but now that's rare, if ever, @cherry 

I would like more about the construction and material than where and how to wear something. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I just watch dedicated shows ... like all LOGO or all SG, etc.

I'm not in the market for beauty products.   I'm very happy with the stuff I already use.

Thanks @ALRATIBA for your suggestion. I remembered why I don't watch single line shows, because they are mostly on weekdays when I am at work, and in the evenings when I prefer to watch the news followed by something relaxing or entertaining. I saw the Halston show was on last night, and, since I like the line, I decided to watch.  The vendor made me laugh comparing a tank top to halston fashion of the 70s.  While I was a little at the time, I was into fashion then (my mom and grandma sewed, and I spent a lot of time in stores that sold fabric and patterns), and halston made glamorous garments in "jersey", a new slippery fabric. I remembered learning that word, we were in Puerto Rico and spoke spanish, and if there is a word in spanish for "jersey", I don't know what it is.  I remember the drapy, material that was hard to sew, and the one shoulder gowns.  I also remembered how QVC delusionaly likes compare its fashions like Denim & Co. or Du Jour or Isaac to something that Audrey Hepburn would wear (NOT!).  Any way, the Halston show then suprised me by presenting a pretty one shoulder dress in a drapy fabric!  Who knew!  So respecting Halston even more, even though they also showed a mostruous 60s inpired garment.  I like Halston styling and the vendor, so I guess I'll keep watching.  The only disappointing thing was Leah, who had too much volume and energy for an evening show, which is probably why I am still up!  At least she did not spend any time at the bar.

So Alratiba, thanks for the suggestion! 

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

PM Style, used to be an old reliable fashion show, featuring new styles.  But they were showing beauty.  Now we know why they discontinued the beauty channel -- they show beauty in all the fashion shows.  Tonight's show, so far of 13 items, 4 are beauty, one piece of jewelry, one pair of shoes, one handbag, one bathing suit, one lingerie item, 4 items of clothing.  AM Style on Saturday was almost all beauty, or Leah sitting at a table.  I don't get it.  

That seems like a pretty good mix of style items for a style show. Just like a fashion/style magazine.

I don't know what fashion/style magazines you read.  Usually beauty is one or 2 pages out of a hundred or so editorial pages in fashion/style magazines.  The beauty magazines are Allure and New Beauty.  Honestly, I don't read fashion/style magazines anymore because they are about celebrities, and I can read about them online if I wish, so not worth the money.