Respected Contributor

I just stepped out of my fashion box...

And I ordered a striped maxi skirt.  I have looked at this skirt many times, read all the reviews and then it went on sale.  I ordered the black and white and if it works, plan to wear it with a simple black top.  Here's to hoping that it doesn't make me look like the wide side of a bus Smiley Happy

http://www.qvc.com/Susan-Graver-Weekend-Striped-Cotton-Modal-Maxi-Skirt---Regular.product.A288514.ht...

Valued Contributor

Re: I just stepped out of my fashion box...

[ Edited ]

I own it in the gray petite and I love it. Wore it with a solid white t shirt  and sandals. I'm not a huge fan of SG clothing, but I am pleased with this maxi skirt. 

Respected Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

I own it in the gray petite and I love it. Wore it with a solid white t shirt  and sandals. I'm not a huge fan of SG clothing, but I am pleased with this maxi skirt. 

@Glitter51. I'm 5'7" and ordered petite because I don't want it at my ankles.  Since you own it, do you think I should change my order to the regular length?  I'm glad you like yours and thanks for responding to my post.

Respected Contributor

@Trudey I like it.  I've considered ordering skirts and/or dresses from her but never went through with it.  I like this one.  Let us know!

Honored Contributor

I like it, I have a similar skirt but not from Qvc.  In the summer, I wear it with a white tee, in the fall I wear it with a black tee.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey

Very nice! 

I think those stripes will look fine; not all stripes make one appear wider.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  That can't be tooooo far out of your comfort zone, since don't you own the wild mushroom LOGO maxi skirt?  IMO that's wilder than this SG one!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. I have that Logo skirt in blue and I love it.  It is a wilder pattern, but not the "dreaded" horizontal stripes Smiley Happy  I wish I had gotten another one of those Logo skirts when they were available.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@Pearlee. I have that Logo skirt in blue and I love it.  It is a wilder pattern, but not the "dreaded" horizontal stripes Smiley Happy  I wish I had gotten another one of those Logo skirts when they were available.

@Trudey  Oh, I always liked the blue one better; glad that's the one you have and I mis-remembered it.   No it doesn't have horizontal stripes but it's certainly not solid!  I always remembered how much you like it.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey, the skirt looks very nice on the models, will look nice on you also, I'm sure. Enjoy it.
"To each their own, in all things".