Respected Contributor

I ran into an old friend (age 65+). She was wearing rust color full length pants and a hip length matching button up shirt with cuffs rolled. Her shoes were a comfort type low heal bronze color. I'm guessing the fabric was a silk blend- NOT POLY

She looked fantastic. I do like my Logo items and other unstructured items but seeing her showed me that the Classic Look is still my style. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I just saw a Classic Look

Love classic looks -- and your friend was even wearing my colors!

By the way -  that blouse could well have been poly -  there's plenty of poly you can't tell from silk without looking at the tags --It costs like silk, but can be much easier to care for.  You won't find that quality of poly everywhere, but there's lots of it at Nordstrom and Bloomies and Saks and other high-end chains.

Honored Contributor

i think there's plenty of room to dabble in whatever "style" you like.  I personally love Classic fashions but I am a lace, crochet and fringe kinda gal too....  switch it up and have fun.  Don't have to have the same look two days in a row.... Woman Wink  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

i think there's plenty of room to dabble in whatever "style" you like.  I personally love Classic fashions but I am a lace, crochet and fringe kinda gal too....  switch it up and have fun.  Don't have to have the same look two days in a row.... Woman Wink  

ITA.

Years ago when there was a dress code at work, I wore my share of "classic".

I am grateful that I no longer HAVE to dress this way.  If it suits you, do it.  If not, wear whatever makes you happy.  That's my mantra.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

ITA, wear what you like. It is nice to see classic dressing ever so often though, as I mostly see more casual dressing around where I live. And I also dress casually almost all the time, caveat here is that I have a lot of classics in my closet, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".