Honored Contributor

On an episode of Law & Order SVU!

To stay on point I will say she looked cute! LOL but I did confirm the appearance on IMDb

Honored Contributor

Albany Irving keeps popping up on youtube commercials for Wayfair!  She's trying to sell a table that doubles as a cooler!

Honored Contributor

That's pretty neat!

I looked it up and she was also in Money Monster with Julia Roberts and Ray Donovan. In all these, SVU included, she played an anchorwoman or reporter.

Interesting that she would choose a QVC career but maybe she got tired of auditioning, playing a type, no promise of larger roles, just not liking the entire acting profession atmosphere? Who knows?!

I think it would be intereting to hear her point of view and experiences with the acting industry today.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Most all of the hosts have had small parts in movies or TV shows.  That's one boost they get when they audition for QVC -- experience acting in front of the camera.  Google all of them,  nine out of ten hosts have acting in their resume.

Respected Contributor

Re: I just saw Katie McGee

[ Edited ]

I had no idea Katie McGee did any acting.

I saw Rick D. in the original Die Hard movie. I also saw ex-host Dave King in a few things. 

Honored Contributor

there's one model, an older woman Cheryl I think, that has a few national commercials.

the most recent is that bathtub that fits over the existing stall. She's the mother in the tub that thinks she's in a 4 star hotel! lol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I'm a fan of the L&O franchise and it seems a lucrative gig to get involved with (as far as exposure goes). I see the same actors hired frequently and even a few that started in small roles that ended up with recurring characters on one series or the other.

Respected Contributor

Rick was in a low-budget horror movie called The Unnamable II. I think he played either a police officer or a college student. When I saw him on QVC years later, I recognized him from the movie! 

Respected Contributor

Which Law & Order and what episode?

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland 

SVU. the one with Hilary Duff about vaccines.

She had a single line but her look and distinctive voice caught me by surprise!