Respected Contributor

Re: ""I just love your stuff"" or "" I have so much of your stuff""

Just watch George Carlin's classic standup routine on stuff. Don't be afraid it's just Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Can't make this ""stuff"" up.

Gives a comical and honest look at the meaning of stuff. QVC recognized it from its inception and has made fortune on it.

Super Contributor

Yes I have seen the Carlin stuff, too funny! He was a great master at the english language

Trusted Contributor

Sort of tacky calling someone's designs "stuff" but you hear it all the time. I'd personally choose a better word, such as designs, items, products, etc.
Super Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Sooner said:

Oh boy. A new category for snob appeal. Mackie sells clothes, not "stuff." I'm sure Ms. Ripka sees the word as $$$tuff and is happy to hear it. I don't see hosts and vendors as great people that one must not offend. They are just like the people at the carnival selling knives and the rest of us. All just people.

stuff st?f/

noun

1. matter, material, articles, or activities of a specified or indeterminate kind that are being referred to, indicated, or implied.

"a pickup truck picked the stuff up"

synonyms:

material, fabric, cloth, textile; More items, articles, objects, goods, equipment; informalthings, bits and pieces, odds and ends

Honored Contributor

I am guilty of saying ""stuff.""

Super Contributor

I looked at the items that was in the VPH show.........it was just stuff
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2014 skuggles said:

Just watch George Carlin's classic standup routine on stuff. Don't be afraid it's just Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Can't make this ""stuff"" up.

Gives a comical and honest look at the meaning of stuff. QVC recognized it from its inception and has made fortune on it.

thanks for the link....loved listening and watching it again....very funny....

Honored Contributor

I just think they have a limited vocabulary, and that it sounds crass. Proper grammar is just not taught in schools because the teachers were not taught it. I am trying to break DD of calling everything a "thing," instead of using the correct word.

Honored Contributor

Actually, speaking of "stuff," I was just reminded of an episode of Little People, Big world, in which amy made a hysterical speech to Matt about her "stuff," i.e., "it's my stuff, I like my stuff, I know where my stuff is, and on and on, lol," in reponse to his nagging her to do something with her "stuff."

Respected Contributor

You're welcome, circles. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}