Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP, but for the "demands" to "STOP IT".  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

It's not my taste...Doesn't work for my body type..it's not how I choose to spend my money...not a fan of the volume/length/color/fabric/embellishments

These are all examples of courteous CIVIL ways to express your opinion without insulting those that you are WELL AWARE do not share yours!

Yes you have the right to express your views but what many of you are doing is akin to bullying.

STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!

Think how you feel when you pick up something, share it with others only to be told by some random faceless contributor that it's 'cheap and tacky' or 'ugly and a waste of money' ?? 'People are laughing at you!'?? And you can't tell me that it doesn't bother you or you wouldn't be working so hard to hurt someone else.

STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!

/end rant

I just don' understand why you or anyone else cares what a random person on  a message board thinks. Just live and let live and don't rent out space  in your head to them.If you are happy with your purchase ,that should be all that matters.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl, thank you for your kind words! Heart  I think, when all the words are stripped away, what you find are two different approaches to life in general that just carry over to the fashion board. Some people view life from a negative space, others have enough positive enthusiasm that can't help but spill over to others. I sometimes fail, but try to stay above the negative because I find it a miserable place to visit.

Your enthusiasm cannot be missed.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl, thank you.  You put me in the company of some other great posters, including yourself. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've seen posts where people got offended when someone simply said she didn't like it or it's not for her.  Sometimes it seems one just needs to refrain from posting in a thread if one doesn't agree with the majority.  However, I appreciate different perspectives.

We're not talking about different perspectives we're talking about outright non-constructive insults. Period. Open one of many Logo threads and you won't find thoughtful 'perspectives' but defamatory punches and jabs at the designer and those that dare purchase her wares...

Okay...thanks for clarifying what "we" are talking about.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo your op reminds me of the quote by Maya
Angelou "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 

Respected Contributor

Re: I just don't like it

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

@islandgrrl, thank you for your kind words! Heart  I think, when all the words are stripped away, what you find are two different approaches to life in general that just carry over to the fashion board. Some people view life from a negative space, others have enough positive enthusiasm that can't help but spill over to others. I sometimes fail, but try to stay above the negative because I find it a miserable place to visit.

Your enthusiasm cannot be missed.

@MaggieMack I completely agree that people tend to approach life with a glass half empty or half full.  And of course in a place like this where thousands are speaking their opinions, you are going to see those tendencies play out.  But if I had a real life friend who called one of my tops 'clownish' and 'over-priced', they wouldn't be my friend for long.  So I understand @Andreatoo basic point about civility in this space.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

Re: I just don't like it

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

Well, I have to say I reserve the right to speak out if I don't like something or if I think it's inappropriate.  Isn't that why they make chocolate and vanilla? And isn't a variety of opinions the best part of this Board?  

You clearly missed my point entirely.

Is it truly necessary to insult others in the process? Are you incapable of expressing an opinion without the jabs?

Actually I didn't miss your point at all.  I say what I feel, and if someone is that insecure it may hurt their feelings. But if I say I wouldn't be caught dead in something, or I wouldn't waste my money, it's because I feel that way, and I have every right to say so.  You are more in favor of the Pollyanna response, but that's not me. I don't whitewash everything. If you bought something I pan, why would you take it as a personal insult. Nothing personal intended. I just don't like it, and have every right to say so.

Merely an excuse to be rude and impolite.  That's all this is.

There are many ways of saying something and expressing an opinion that are done nicely.  What you call "whitewashing" but in effect, it's a reflection of having been brought up to be courteous and sensitive fo others.  That is missing in some people, who make excuses for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand exactly your point.  I remember I posted that I had purchased a vest at Kohls similar to a QVC vest.  It was half the QVC price.  A frequent poster here came back with a nasty answer that just because I couldn't afford QVC clothes I shouldn't be posting. It was offensive and personal.  I never said I couldn't afford QVC nor did I put down their product. Certain posters just don't get it. Oh well,too bad.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth