Honored Contributor

Re: I just can't keep up with trends

@Magicrat wrote:

Too bad leggings don't become un-trendy.  Most women look horrendous in them.  My father used to say just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you have to wear it.

@Magicrat So how come we don't hear about beer bellies and tight t-shirts on a lot of guys?  Pretty "horrendous" huh? 

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I finally put on a pair of leggings I bought when they first came out.  I have joggers and other narrow leg pants.  It took me all these years to get used to them and what happens?  Wide legs come back !  

You are so right. I stocked up on the leggings and so glad I did. I'm 5ft 1, wouldnt wear a wide leg pants ever and all the crops are so ugly on almost every one, I remember when I was younger, I wore Polizzios {sp} and I look back and think what was in my head.I looked like a short skinny girl with a puddle around my ankles.

Honored Contributor

I only wear straight leg pants as they work best for me. I would never even think about wearing leggings, they look good on no one. I'm always amazed at how many are sold. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know.....I just don't think wide legs look good on anyone. They remind me of palazzo pants. Pants don't have to be skinny pants nor tight, but not big, billowy pants. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy seeing the fashion trends each season, but I don't wear them unless it's something I like, and it suits my style. Most of us here have probably seen most trends come, go, and come back again. Colors, prints, shapes, and silhouettes change too. It's how they keep interest in their designs and encourage people to buy new things.

Regarding pant length, I never jumped on the leggings or super tight stretchy pant trends. I did try a couple pairs but hated them. Not comfortable or flattering on my shape. I like straight leg, slim leg, subtle bootcut, and a wider leg if it's not too extreme. I think some women look great in super wide and palazzo pants. Just not for me. 

Honored Contributor

I don't look at trends much. I try to buy current items and maybe even in the current color of the year--if I like it--but am not a slave to fashion anymore. Mostly I chuckle at many of them---some are really funny to me. But I'm 68 now too. When I was a teen, then I paid  attention ------