Esteemed Contributor

Re: I just can't keep up with trends

Trends dictate, though, what and/or when we can purchase. Not just trends, but store buyers, or in QVC's case, the vendor.

Instead of trends, I wear what flatters my body type the best. Either that, or what the weather/season dictates.

Valued Contributor

Too bad leggings don't become un-trendy.  Most women look horrendous in them.  My father used to say just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you have to wear it.

Honored Contributor

I'm 63, I don't go out of my way to follow the trends.  I wear what I like and what I think looks good on me.  When I do wear trends, it's because I LIKE the item and not because everyone else is wearing it.  

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I could have written this myself.   I'm tall and love wide leg pants...

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty impervious to trends at this point. I wear what suits me and it ain't leggings!

Honored Contributor

I buy what I like and what fits me.  If a trend comes up and it's all over everywhere, I wouldn't buy that either; I don't want to be seen "coming and going"!

Honored Contributor

Once I grew past my very early twenties I quit following trends. I don't wear leggings, I don't wear sweatpants(joggers).
Some people do, and like them; some people look good in them and that is ok, too.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@depglass @Funny thing...just turned on the q and what do I see...leggings! Lol

Honored Contributor

The fashion industry relies on the dynamics of styles changing over time. That's how the money is made. Stagnicity creates boredom with slower cash flow.

Respected Contributor

Not very trendy here . . . clothes, makeup, hair . . . as the saying goes, I do me! Cat LOL