Honored Contributor

Re: I just bought mine for $53, while you paid $132 for the exact same shoe!

On 4/24/2014 PKB said:

Why do you care? I swear I have yet to read anything positive from any of your posts. If you dislike QVC so much, what are you even doing hanging around?

Just likes to stir the pot....

LMBO.....I wouldn't wear that shoe if you gave it to me?

This board is really getting beyond tiresome.

While the OP in general is a downer, seriously, I've yet to read anything positive from you either. You are always scolding posters around here.

Nothing wrong with pointing out a bargain. If you want to overpay, that's your choice.

The shoe is fab. I own it. Sorry you can't pull it off.

Respected Contributor

The OP poster is on my ignore list. I advise to do it it makes these boards such a better place.

And i only know this because the first OP doesn't get ignored in case someone asks.

Super Contributor

I don't necessarily think one has to go to a shoe store to try every shoe on, but Payless? No thanks! Plastic shoes do not enter my house. They ruin your feet.
Super Contributor

I don't necessarily think one has to go to a shoe store to try every shoe on, but Payless? No thanks! Plastic shoes do not enter my house. They ruin your feet.
Regular Contributor

The size 9.5 is $53 but the size 6.5 (which I would need) is $106 on Amazon.

I guess you're just lucky....

Honored Contributor

On 4/25/2014 happy housewife said:
On 4/25/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

You are all crazy. Payless is the way to go. $20-$30 without a 20% coupon which they have frequently. As for quality, it is there. I have Payless shoes in my closet from 3 years ago, and will wear for a 4th.

Women would be way better off if they would go to a shoe store and try on shoes, and look at the quality before buying. ...

I go to the shoe store where I can try them on and be certain they fit properly. I can't understand how you buy shoes from TV.

I don't understand how women buy shoes online either. I have tried it, and 9 times out of ten, it was a bad idea. It is very difficult to find a shoe that fits and is comfortable without trying them on first. The only time I was successful was when I found the exact shoe I already owned online. Since I couldn't find the shoe in the store anymore, I ordered a new pair to replace the ones that were worn as well as another color.

Regarding Payless - I don't shop there very often, but I have a super cute pair of denim wedge peep toe espadrilles from them, and I have had them for a few years - love them.

Respected Contributor

You would think the OP would be happy with her purchase and what she saved and get on with her life, but in reality she's mocking us (the people who purchased the shoes). She needs to grow up.

The poster who said she should be put on ignore is correct; however, many people don't know her MO. I am now putting her on ignore as that's how she should be treated.

Trusted Contributor

Another great example of why we all need to shop around! Internet shopping gives us the tools to compare prices and search out bargains as well as finding free/cheap shipping deals and discount coupons. If you're not doing this and just "pulling the trigger" on whatever you see presented on a shopping channel without checking alternatives, you're may be paying more than you should!

Respected Contributor

On 4/25/2014 sparklestar said:

You would think the OP would be happy with her purchase and what she saved and get on with her life, but in reality she's mocking us (the people who purchased the shoes). She needs to grow up.

The poster who said she should be put on ignore is correct; however, many people don't know her MO. I am now putting her on ignore as that's how she should be treated.

Thank you for joining me sparklestar. We all have to do this with the few snarky posters who have really made these boards trashy. If we don't feed the beast they will go away.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/25/2014 LisaB said:
On 4/25/2014 sparklestar said:

Thank you for joining me sparklestar. We all have to do this with the few snarky posters who have really made these boards trashy. If we don't feed the beast they will go away.

So the lady takes the time to inform us she has found the exact same shoes for less than half the QVC price somewhere else.........and you criticize her as "snarky"? Personally, I'd give her a big "thanks for the heads up, sweetie!" and hurry to act on her reminder that it often pays to shop around!

Perhaps you get your kicks from being a trusting, non-critical QVC loyalist. That's certainly your prerogative. Some of us, however, get our kicks from being savvy shoppers and searching out and sharing great deals wherever we find them. I'm one of the latter.