Honored Contributor

I have 5 pairs of new jeans.  Brand new, tags still on them.  I've lost 40lbs since August and I was going through my closet to rid myself of things that too big and unwearable.  At the back I found 5 pairs of DG2 jeans.  I remember buying one pair 2 years ago.  I have no idea when I bought the others. I buy things, they don't fit, I keep them "until I lose lose some weight".  I also found 2 white button shirts.  I'm very happy because I have been living in black leggings and oversized tops.  Fine for the house.  I bought some tops on Fashion day but I didn't have any jeans.  It's weird that the jeans are in various colors; red, wine, dark denim and 2 on medium denim.   

Respected Contributor

Re: I have pairs of new jeans.

@chrystaltree Congratulations on your finds and most importantly on your weight loss. Enjoy your new jeans and your new size.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree   You definitely scored finding new pieces!  I love colored denim as an alternative to the basic blue.  Hope you enjoy wearing them.

Honored Contributor

I hope you had the wisdom to buy your new reduced size. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hope you new found clothing fits you and congratulation on your weight loss.

I have clothing in my closet with the tags on too.  i recently lost weight and most of my stuff is too big.  I have been making do with wearing the big stuff until I stop losing.

Yesterday, I had a follow up doctor visit.  While the doctor was putting the blood pressure cuff on my arm he said, "you have a tag hanging". I began to look and he said " It's under your left arm pit"

I pulled off the tag and he held his hand out to take it and throw it away.  I had no idea the tag was there.  I buy the same tee shirts when they're on sale ($7) , no matter if I already have the same color already.

I felt like a goof ball.  I was a bit embarassed and said Minnie Pearl was my mentor.  I don't think my young doctor knew who she was.  He just got quiet.

B622AF29-3003-449A-9975-6123ACD4AC9B.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Carmie How-deee!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hope you had the wisdom to buy your new reduced size. 

I have 20 more pounds to lose so I won't be buying any new jeans for awhile.           Probably mid July.

Respected Contributor

I'm so excited and happy for you! Congratulations on your weight loss. It requires so much discipline and patience.

The clothes that no longer fit will make someone very happy.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey! 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree   congratulations.  It's good to have some clothes to wear now even though you're planning to lose more.  You go girl!!

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree .....  Sometimes it really pays to go through your closet.  Way to go! Cat LOL