Valued Contributor

I have no idea where to ask this forum question?

I like to copy a person's post and put it in my post and then comment on what they have said.  I used to do it all the time on the old forum. Does anyone know if we can do this anymore.  It is probably something very simple, but too complicated for me to figure out how to do it. Help????

Honored Contributor

Re: I have no idea where to ask this forum question?

@Cookie06 wrote:

I like to copy a person's post and put it in my post and then comment on what they have said.  I used to do it all the time on the old forum. Does anyone know if we can do this anymore.  It is probably something very simple, but too complicated for me to figure out how to do it. Help????

If you are on a computer, click on the REPLY button, and then the word QUOTE will appear in capital letters (bolded) on the right hand side.  Then you can click on quote to respond to a specific post.

Esteemed Contributor

Hit the reply button on their post........on the top right of the box where you will type your response...there is a "quote"  word....click on that BEFORE you type your response...hope this helps....

Esteemed Contributor

BUT if you are on an iPad, as I am right now, you won't have that option. So much for making the forum iPad friendly!
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Cookie06 wrote:

If you are on a computer, click on the REPLY button, and then the word QUOTE will appear in capital letters (bolded) on the right hand side.  Then you can click on quote to respond to a specific post.

Oh my gosh, thank you soooo much, that was so easy.  It is just knowing what to do.  I hope your answers will help others that have been wondering if this was even an option anymore.  So thank you again.  I really appreciate it. 

Honored Contributor

Shoesnbags said:

"BUT if you are on an iPad, as I am right now, you won't have that option. So much for making the forum iPad friendly!"

But pad users can copy someone's post and quote it this way, as I just did.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
Shoesnbags said:

"BUT if you are on an iPad, as I am right now, you won't have that option. So much for making the forum iPad friendly!"

But pad users can copy someone's post and quote it this way, as I just did.

Works on my kindle

Honored Contributor

So other tablets can quote, but just not iPads?
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~