Honored Contributor

OMG!  I bought 7 new tops this season.  Isaac, Candace and one from Denim & Co.  I actually bought 3 of the same top but only 1 was reduced.  I have not seen anything by Candace marked down.  Ladies, maybe you can help me.  I bought a yellow top from Candace bugt it is too bold of a color for my liking.  How can I get the color faded?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'd be afraid to try bleaching it as these types of attempts often result in the item being ruined due to uneven application.  I'd return it and look for a butter yellow. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Perhaps soaking or washing the top in warm water & detergent would fade it a bit? If you Google it, there are suggestions for doing this by using baking soda & salt, bleach water solution, lemon juice, etc. I've never tried any of these so I'm not sure how well they work. 

Enjoy your new tops! 

I've bought a few new tops myself this year. It's always fun to have a new top or tee to wear. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I have been shopping

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

OMG!  I bought 7 new tops this season.  Isaac, Candace and one from Denim & Co.  I actually bought 3 of the same top but only 1 was reduced.  I have not seen anything by Candace marked down.  Ladies, maybe you can help me.  I bought a yellow top from Candace bugt it is too bold of a color for my liking.  How can I get the color faded?

I would return or maybe exchange for a different color.  Don't settle if not in love with it.  I also purchased a few new tops  from the Q.  Belle, Candice, Isaac and Denim and Susan. 

My new promise to me is not happy return or exchange.

Trusted Contributor

i think you should try it first and then decide if you really want to fade it. the shade might suit you and you might happily change your mind. keep in mind that if you do decide to fade it, it might not be an even color all throughout the shirt. 

Super Contributor

I have found this year to be the most difficult as far as shopping online for clothing goes. So many items were never restocked for summer. Very few shorts available and I started shopping early. Very few summer tops. Why are most blouses long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve? And why is so much clothing made in a knit for summer? I purchased some sleeveless tops that were not cheap but I wanted cotton or mostly cotton shirts that would be cool for wearing outside. They turned out to be a heavy cotton blend knit that are almost sweater material. What on earth? Why make sleeveless tops in a heavy knit?? The few things that I found that I liked were way over priced. Very disappointed.

Honored Contributor

@ellietoo 

Check out Amazon for shorts and pedal pushers (they're my summer pants). Broad selection; reasonable prices.

As for long sleeves in the summer mine are predominantly woven in natural fibers. They breathe outside and the sleeves are good for the AC

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1   When Candance is on, if I can get on it quickly enough before  selling out, I've purchased many things from her line. I'm loving the finally shorter tops.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1 @What is the fabric content? 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    Cotton, modal and spandex.

kindness is strength