Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have WAY too many tops

@DiAnne

I was just searching jean jackets and saw the Isaac jackets u ordered --- love the pastel colors - looks so comfy. I ordered A253759 - Liz Claiborne jean jacket - in creme color. Will be receiving it tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@kivah

I am embarrassed about how many jean jackets I already have!  

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne

You should never be embarrassed. You should LOVE each and every one of them. Stuff makes us feel good!!!!! 

Spoiler
Woman LOL
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh, I guess too many anything depends on who you ask, but although I'm a big believer in closet organization and purging, too many tops is not in my lingo.  I've always worked with fewer bottoms and more tops because the same bottom can look completely different depending on the top.  Excluding jewelry and accessories, I find tops to be the most economical way to extend a wardrobe to make it look like I have more clothes than I really do. Woman Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too, have FAR too many tops--hundreds of tops and many have not been worn.  I donate and then want something new, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Your singing to the choir sis !!!!  I have way to many tops, I can't wait for spring and summer so I can get in my gardens and quit watching the Q, and going online so much.

Honored Contributor

@suzyq3- I noticed yesterday that Talbots has added a few more colors in the bateau neck pima tee. They put it under a new item number. 

I’m definitely going to order the Island turquoise color. 

A few more colors also, but Island turquoise is a definite for me. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I  just recently brought out  JCP they were having a sale on there new summer/spring fashions.

Honored Contributor

I have way more tops than bottoms. Every top works with a few of my neutral bottoms so it is difficult to purge them. 

The second most numerous item in my closet is cardigans. I love them as a third completer piece to an outfit. I have short, 3/4, and long sleeve versions in solids and prints; crew and v-necks; cropped, regular, and boyfriend length. I really don’t need another one...oh, wait...I just bought a beautiful cream and sand 3/4 sleeve floral one yesterday. 😍😱

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

I don’t have that many pairs of pants either. I have a lot more tops - tanks, tees with various sleeve lengths, button down blouses and cardigans - but I don’t have too many. I layer every day and really could use more. I have enough to wear something different every day of the week but I don’t have tons sitting unworn for months.