Respected Contributor

Re: I have WAY too many tops

I have too many clothes perios,lol.. I just cleaned 1 side of my closet (other side later tonight). I purged several items, but I do not need to purchase another clothing item the rest of my life. WHY do I love clothes,lol??  I have so many Susan Graver cardigans, I can not think of getting rid of, but I never wear them.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnnewrote:

I have too many light weight jackets and I just bought four more!

@DiAnne

I am in love with lightweight jackets and always looking for the "perfect" one.  Are your new ones from QVC or elsewhere?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I seem to go overboard on a certain item for a while. Recently, it was tops/sweaters because I have had  trouble finding pants that fit me well. My biggest problem is that I am a "complete-ist," a nice term for obsessive-compulsive. When I really like a top, I have to get in almost every color. Do you know how dumb that is? Especially when it comes to sweaters, considering that I live in SoCal.

Currently, I've been obsessed with jeans after finding a brand that works wonderfully for me.

A few weeks ago, my husband was sitting in our closet waiting for me to try something on for his opinion. He got bored and started counting either my pants or tops. I told him to get out. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

I seem to go overboard on a certain item for a while. Recently, it was tops/sweaters because I have had  trouble finding pants that fit me well. My biggest problem is that I am a "complete-ist," a nice term for obsessive-compulsive. When I really like a top, I have to get in almost every color. Do you know how dumb that is? Especially when it comes to sweaters, considering that I live in SoCal.

Currently, I've been obsessed with jeans after finding a brand that works wonderfully for me.

A few weeks ago, my husband was sitting in our closet waiting for me to try something on for his opinion. He got bored and started counting either my pants or tops. I told him to get out. :-)

@suzyQ3- let me tell you about my J Jill Wearever 3/4 sleeve shirt collection.  I own it in 4 solid colors and 3 or 4 prints. Same shirt. Absolutely love this shirt. It is totally me as is....

....the Talbots 3/4 sleeve bateau neck pima tee. Have it in several colors and keep checking their site to see if they’ve added any new colors for spring and summer. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I have more tops as well.  All of my bottoms are neutral.  Same colors, capris, crops, and long bottoms.  Neutral bottoms really simplify things!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, I thought I'd take a look but don't see any J.Jill Wearever shirts -- just a lot of either Wearever styles.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh I have way too many tops and way too many cardigans, jackets, vests.  And I see myself acquiring quite a collection of jeans.  I don’t know why I can’t stop!  Too much cuteness out there.

Esteemed Contributor

You really can have too many tops????

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 @gidgetgh Oh, YES!  Talbotts, LLBean, WoolOvers to name a few! Yes, have to have every color when finding a favorite. Here's the kicker: Some have never been worn and it's time for another season. Will I remember to dig them out again next winter and finally wear them? Who knows. Spending on clothing will slow down now that periennals are about to be sold again. At least I'll be paying attention and enjoying my flowers; they won't be left in a closet!  Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3wrote:

@gidgetgh, I thought I'd take a look but don't see any J.Jill Wearever shirts -- just a lot of either Wearever styles.

@suzyQ3

Wearever 3/4 sleeve Easy Top. Try searching using all of that. I just looked and that’s what they call it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?