Honored Contributor

Re: I hate the way QVC sends clothing

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I miss the days when clothing came folded and pinned around a piece of heavy poster style paper before it was placed in a sturdy bag.

Or box!

Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me because it seems to be the standard these days. I guess I don't really want to have to deal with a big box either.

QVC charges a ton of money for shipping and "handling" fees though, so I could see why people would expect more.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

As one who orders from a lot of retailers and thinking about the state of packages received from elsewhere when they are delivered to my building, I can understand the negative viewpoint regarding QVC packing.  Maybe the warehouse managers and shipping supply buyers should meet with their "colleagues at HSN" who also use plastic bags to ship most clothing and yet it manages to remain flat in the bag. 

I'd like to send a special shout out to Kohl's.  A recent order of fitness clothing came in a BOX!  The backorered item which was not in the box arrived separately neatly packed in a plastic bag with that bag properly fitted inside a mailing plastic bag.  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

The worst for me was a Linea cardigan that was so wrinkled I could never wear it...

I should have sent it back....but I didn't.

Honored Contributor

Talbots clothing is still beautifully packaged, and the bags are clean when they arrive at my door

Honored Contributor

I hate the double folded bag. No matter how careful I am when opening it it almost always tears open at both ends. If I return something then I have to tape up both ends of the bag. And sometimes the middle of the bag too where it had been sealed when folded over but tore upon opening. Ugh!
Honored Contributor

Mailman has to stuff it into the mailbox so not matter how they send it, there are wrinkles.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, it is tossed in a bag all wrinkled like a piece of junk and sometimes it is!

kindness is strength