Regular Contributor

Re: I hate the 3/4 length sleeve

On 3/5/2014 Dosey said:
On 3/5/2014 TrishaMntka said:

My 2 older sisters in Duluth, MN (hotbed of the fashion scene) hate the 3/4 sleeves too. But they usually shop/buy clothes @ the high fashion stores (Kmart, Walmart, clearance-cheapest lines @ JCP/Sears) . I remember I got a gift (yes it is the thought, but what was she thinking) a pair of shorts, which I returned to Kmart & got $3.97.

So, no you are not the only one who hates the 3/4 length sleeves

Ouch! Trisha, tell us how you really feel! Ha ha

I thought I did. My point was in fashion not everybody likes the same thing. If you don't like them, don't buy them. There are plenty of stores out there that carry the long sleeves. Newer designs like the 3/4 length sleeves are just an option available in the marketplace. Aren't you glad you have the options?

Honored Contributor

It is pretty basic - if you don't like something don't buy it.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/5/2014 Dosey said:

My 2 older sisters in Duluth, MN (hotbed of the fashion scene) hate the 3/4 sleeves too. But they usually shop/buy clothes @ the high fashion stores (Kmart, Walmart, clearance-cheapest lines @ JCP/Sears) . I remember I got a gift (yes it is the thought, but what was she thinking) a pair of shorts, which I returned to Kmart & got $3.97.

So, no you are not the only one who hates the 3/4 length sleeves

Ouch! Trisha, tell us how you really feel! Ha ha

I thought I did. My point was in fashion not everybody likes the same thing. If you don't like them, don't buy them. There are plenty of stores out there that carry the long sleeves. Newer designs like the 3/4 length sleeves are just an option available in the marketplace. Aren't you glad you have the options?

You did. I was kidding. Smiley Happy
Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

I really like the 3/4 length sleeve. The short sleeves are perfect in summer, but fall, winter, and even early spring, 3/4 sleeves are just perfect. I like long sleeves, but I usually roll them up even when it's cold. So 3/4 works great!

Super Contributor

I for one love the 3/4 length sleeve. WE all have different tastes, but that length always looks good.

Vicki{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I LOVE the 3/4 sleeve for many of the same reasons listed above, including showing off my bracelets. I live in Southern CA and there's no way a long sleeve anything is going to get much wear, due to the heat.

I never liked the short sleeve .... oftentimes the cut makes a woman's upper arm look bad and if you wear anything over it, the sleeve gets "caught" inside the garment and bunches up.

As a result, I wear mostly sleeveless ... or 3/4 sleeve.

Super Contributor

I love 3/4 sleeves. Glad to see a wide variety. I do wear short sleeves in the summer, but not where anybody can see my less than toned upper arm.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2014 kateliz said:

I hope I'm not the only one who hates the 3/4 inch sleeve length. It doesn't look good on anyone - even the very slim models.

You HATE a sleeve length? Well sister you are so wrong I'm here to tell you that I look absolutely fabulous in them. I am sorry that anyone can be so wrong about something in public. Not only am I beautiful in them, I love them because they don't ride up when I put my jacket on, are usually not too warm or too cool, let me do things without getting my sleeves wet, and don't wad up on the keyboard when I type plus display my great collection of bracelets. Most of my knit tops are 3/4 length (except the polos).

Esteemed Contributor

Not my favorite either!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

On 3/5/2014 12andcounting said:

I love 3/4 length sleeves IF they fit fairly snugly around the lower arm. I definitely don't like it when the sleeve sort of ""bells"" out at the end of the sleeve.

Same here!!