Esteemed Contributor

Re: I hate seeing Fall/Winter clothing in Summer!

@sann wrote:

Don't care for Christmas in July. Let us enjoy the summer.

Christmas is not only in July --- but in August, September, October, November and December. January is the month of returns.

HATE seeing Christmas items thru all these months - but I do save lots of money by not watching the Q!!!!

Christmas lost it's meaning --- but I'm happy the manufacturers are making money!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't buy any new spring/summer clothes this year.  Why?  I rarely leave my house in this day of the virus.  I have high hope that by winter (maybe?) we'll be able to get out and about.  So all the money I did not spend on summer clothes, I plan to spend on new sweaters and boots!

If all goes well..........

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I know the arguments of "This is how the fashion industry has always worked," well, I don't care. Change it! I want to see in season clothing on QVC and in the stores period. This out of date selling technique needs to go.

@Squirrel Lover  I totally agree with you. I don't do Christmas until after Thanksgiving & I don't Fall or Winter shop until after Labor Day,period.

I love Summer.Here in New York Summer is too short. I refuse to surrender one single minute of it.😎☀️🍹

Honored Contributor

I have never gotten over the excitement of seeing fall clothes and back to school supplies even decades out of my own classroom days.  The fall like New Year's Day as always been a time of "new beginnings" for me.  I so hope it is this year too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@ID2 , you hate fall and winter, but live in Michigan? Yeh, makes sense to me. NOT.

Honored Contributor

I feel like I have barely had summer not able to hardly go out!

Honored Contributor

Ditto @Squirrel Lover 

I break out into a sweat looking at Fall clothing, or it could simply be a hot flash...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of the hot and humid days of summer and always look forward to the cooler weather.  Hot and humid exhausts me and seeing fall and winter clothes gives me hope for weather I can be motivated in and be comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I know the arguments of "This is how the fashion industry has always worked," well, I don't care. Change it! I want to see in season clothing on QVC and in the stores period. This out of date selling technique needs to go.

@Squirrel Lover I am fine with it because I buy clothes at the first of the season.  I don't want to wait until fall to buy fall clothes, and fall is right around the door.

I want to get any new cooler weather clothing when I put up the summer clothes. I sure don't want to wait until I need them, but then I'm not a big shopper so I want to get it done and forget about it.