Respected Contributor

Re: I hate seeing Fall/Winter clothing in Summer!

This is such a trivial issue that it's not even a blip on my radar.  

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly @Squirrel Lover . Can't stand when we see swimsuits out in Feb/

March too. In between shoveling snow, oh yeah, I have to run inside and

order a new suit!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Mixed opinions on this question. Most "fall/winter" things on Q, so far, are clearance items. Anything new that's long sleeved, I wear all seasons if not a heavy fabric. A/C here always on overdrive. 

The mall stores/online, too are in deep trouble...very little inventory for spring/summer. What's left and they were able to get shipped in, is on clearance.

By July, the sweaters are usually piled up, but I'm not seeing them. I hope w/ the industry's financial issues, they did produce sufficient quantities, new designs (many top designers were dropped from fashion lines that were losing a lot of money) & will ship in time. Remember many items come from China and other countries. 

Lastly, if no winter clothing arrives at all, I can adequately survive with what I have. Sadly, I don't think there will be major lifestyle changes from now and places to go into Jan./Feb. By then, only a few months until spring again.

Honored Contributor

I always buy before the season.  I like to get it done and not worry about it when the time comes.  I don't shop sales either.  I think it is a waste of money to spend on stuff you have to store (and who wants that?) until next year.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I always buy before the season.  I like to get it done and not worry about it when the time comes.  I don't shop sales either.  I think it is a waste of money to spend on stuff you have to store (and who wants that?) until next year.

@Sooner   I don't wear trendy clothing, so if basic items like tees, jeans, gym clothes are on clearance (some stores/online offering 50% or more), then sure, I'll purchase and store them.

What I don't buy on clearance is anything that seems like a fad and will be dated by next spring/summer. That's wasted money...discounted or not. 

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't bother me in the least.  I am one who is an early shopper for any season so it works for me.  At Christmas I am always done and wrapped early and have zero stress during the holidays.  Home with my feet up and a glass of wine while all the procrastinators run themselves ragged.  Will they ever learn?!  

Respected Contributor

Shopping a season ahead has been this way since I was a kid.  Long before online shopping.  If you waited until July and decided you needed a new pair of shorts, you were out of luck.  I doubt this will ever change. It's not economically practical to do so.

Sellers start a season early, requiring ample time to move stock. Otherwise, they may be stuck with items they have to heavily discount, or can't move, at all, toward the end of a season. If held over for next season, they may not be the current fashion demand.  

Shopping early also gives shoppers a chance to review their wardrobe, for the next season and purchase ahead, when they see a value that benefits their budget. It can benefit the buyer and the seller. 

Honored Contributor

Me too---but then I haven't put away my warmer clothes yet--live in WA state and it has been cold and grey and rainy for months and months----am still in layers and the house furnace is still running----but then seeing that the rest of the country is baking in HE11----not going to complain ---but I do HATE xmas shows running now----didn't watch nor will I watch until---hmmm--maybe in the fall???!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't mind seeing fall clothes in summer, or spring clothes when it is below zero here in February!

I tend to think about my seasonal clothing and what I will need to add, sometimes a basic like a pretty new tank (the plum Linea whisperknit one just listed), a great coat, white jeans for summer, new black pants, etc. 

I will try and get a good buy ahead of time, but sometimes if it is perfect, exactly what I need/want, I'll get it at regular pricing because it will be new and not a returned item, and my size will be available.

It has been abnormally hot and humid here the past two weeks and more to come, so if I can escape into a fantasy Fall world for a bit, that's terrific. 

It might only be "window shopping" for now, but it's fun to see the new things coming out, what will be the trends or a new take on classics.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe the pre-season clearance items and prices  on D&Co show.

Most of the items, I haven't seen before.

Take a look!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).