Honored Contributor

Re: I got rid of my bootcut jeans

@chrystaltree wrote:

@dex wrote:

I still like bootcut because they balance out the hips or at least in my mind.I heard that from Lisa years ago and it stuck.

I remember that.  Back when she wore those Gumby jeans..lol   But the advice was spot on.

Oprah gave that same advice as well.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl ~ your response cracked me up.  So true!  I'm 5-3, size 6 shoe.  OK, I'm like a giant next to you.... but, I have a difficult time getting jeans that are The Perfect length for my feet and shoes.  There's no fudging with boot cut - they can't be even a 1/8-inch too short or too long.  But a skinny jean can be a little bit long and who cares?  If they're too short, just roll them to ankle length.  Too long, they can hang over the heels of flat shoes and it's all good.  Skinny jean lengths are very forgiving. 

And... skinny jeans make me feel tall. 

@tototwo  I hear you!  It is a huge struggle to find the perfect length.  BTW, big game tonight...

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

I don't know what I will do when skinny jeans are "out" again.  My whole look is based on them and they are the most flattering for my body.

The other day I pulled a pair of jeans from the back of the closet and they were bootcut jeans that I missed the last time I purged I nearly laughed my head off when I put them on, they looked so ridiculous. Cant believe I wore them.

You may feel the same way about skinny jeans in a few years! I would imagine you thought you looked very nice when you were actually wearing the bootcuts.

Honored Contributor

I am definitely hippy and carry my weight in my thighs and boot cuts do me no favors. I have tried lots of them. When the knee gets narrower and the hem flares, it accentuates that part of me instead of minimizing it. I do own 2 pairs of "barely bootcut" jeans found at Kohl's years ago. I have never seen them since. They don't go in at the knee and the hem is just a bit wider for my ankle boots. Perfect! I hope they last a long time because they do serve a purpose when I wear boots. 

I prefer a straight or skinny jean most of the time. I also like a trouser jean. As far as which jean is in style - I don't worry about that anymore. Trends may make it more difficult to find specific items at times, but I only buy and wear things I like.