Honored Contributor

Re: I got rid of my bootcut jeans

I have skinny jeans, straight leg, boot cut, flared leg and wide leg jeans (the wide leg ones are actually tencel -- they are very lightweight & flowy).  I also have embroidered jeans, distressed jeans, cropped jeans, and released hem jeans. 

The only jeans I do not like or own are bell bottom jeans. 

Different moods, different places to go.  Love them.

Respected Contributor

I prefer to have different style jeans/pants. In the winter I can wear different stye/ shoes and boots. I understand that some people feel they look better in one style over the other though.
Honored Contributor

I prefer dark wash bootcut jeans. Bootcut is a classic, so when I buy pricey jeans, I always go with them because I know they won't trend out. I also like a slim straight jean for the same reason. Skinnies are a style I like on other women but on myself. I don't have lean legs. I do own 2 pairs of Dreamjeannes black leggings that I wear when I want to tuck my jeans into boots. We're fortunate that we have choices, the concept of something being "in style" doesn't really exist anymore. As for getting rid of things we know we are never going to wear again, I am 100% in agreement with that. Twice a year, I go through my closets and donate or toss out things that just don't work for me anymore.
Honored Contributor

I still like bootcut because they balance out the hips or at least in my mind.I heard that from Lisa years ago and it stuck.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I still like bootcut because they balance out the hips or at least in my mind.I heard that from Lisa years ago and it stuck.

I remember that.  Back when she wore those Gumby jeans..lol   But the advice was spot on.

Respected Contributor

I have both styles and have no plans to stop wearing any of them.  The skinny is great for tall boots and long tops, but when I want to just throw on a pair of comfortable jeans and run out the door, I grab my bootcut Seven7 jeans.  It's such a bother to slide myself into my skinny jeans (narrow ankle, size 9 feet).  Then, gettting them off again is another challenge.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I can no longer wear jeans, the material hurts my knees 

and skin (arthritis and neuropathy ). It took me a few years until I could give my jeans away. I still held on to 3 pair. It's'  the " just in case mentality " that gets me.

I definitely have hoarding tendencies and am so thrilled when I see empty space in my closet, drawers, house.

Feel good about getting rid of what you won't use, wear or need. 

Honored Contributor

I wear western cowboy boots year-round so I need my bootcut jeans to go with them. I like having both bootcut and skinnys because they both have their place.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

i wear skinnies, got rid of my bootcuts , i have 2 pr, one pr is jeans with embellished pockets, the flare is very slight and  i like the denim so i held on to them. other pr is black ponte.

the reason i wont wear them is i can no longer wear a heel and they just don't look as good with flats. just me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TY

I got rid of most of my boot cut jeans as I prefer straight/slim and/or skinnies.  I kept a pair to take to my tailor and have her make them straight legs.  The others I'm keeping for those few shorter tops/jackets that I have and wear from time to time, along with chunkier shoes and boots.   I like the longer, flowier (is that a word?) but not voluminous tops over slim look vs. shorter/cropped tops over fuller leg look...I've never owned anything fuller than a boot cut!  I have a few "baby boot cut" jeans.

I was pretty sure that, if I got rid of them all, I would want/need a pair of bootcut the next day...I've been around the block a time or two!  LOL.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~