Trusted Contributor

Re: I give up….clothing sizing with designers is ridiculous

Are you kidding me? Yes, I do expect consistency if I am not able to try a garment on and relying on that company to provide me with proper sizing measurements. Money does not grow on trees ( at least for most of us ) and spending $40-50 for a top plus shipping and tax....you bet I expect consistency. I am a busy person and the last thing I need is to have to turn around, repackage, spend more money and send an item back. I think you need to have higher standards and expectations.

Esteemed Contributor

I won't order pants or shoes anymore from the Q.  The last pair of capris I ordered were at least a size if not two sizes too big.  Sketchers boots...the right foot was extremely tight left one fine. They need some quality control.  I've been done for awhile.  I do order other things,though.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

If they would just use the same factory, for all the Q brands you'd see more consistency.  These factories have a hundred or more sewing machine operators sewing as many pieces as they can because most of them work on production.  One woman may take larger seems than another, so there can be some variation, but it shouldn't be much.

If they move around to the cheapest factories, that's where the problems are coming from.

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I won't order pants or shoes anymore from the Q.  The last pair of capris I ordered were at least a size if not two sizes too big.  Sketchers boots...the right foot was extremely tight left one fine. They need some quality control.  I've been done for awhile.  I do order other things,though.

I hate to even think of the money I've thrown away on returning shoes. Even in the same brand, the sizing is different. $12. to try on a pair of shoes is expensive. Love shoes, and now I watch and then go find them somewhere. 

Honored Contributor

@gigy wrote:

Are you kidding me? Yes, I do expect consistency if I am not able to try a garment on and relying on that company to provide me with proper sizing measurements. Money does not grow on trees ( at least for most of us ) and spending $40-50 for a top plus shipping and tax....you bet I expect consistency. I am a busy person and the last thing I need is to have to turn around, repackage, spend more money and send an item back. I think you need to have higher standards and expectations.

@gigy

Oh, I definitely think QVC should provide us with accurate sizing, but I think expecting Isaac Mizrahi, Denim & Company, Linea, Liz Claiborne and whomever to be exactly identical  in sizing is highly unlikely.    Designers styles and vanity sizing come into play, as well.   I've bought a few garments on QVC, but I prefer to try things on in a B&M store.  I just find it to be a lot less trouble that way.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't order from a place where sizing is so inconsistent - from line-to-line ....color-to-color

So many options in the real world - be it online or in the store that doesn't have shipping to and from.. - Add what $10 per item to try it and see??

I wouldn't return anything after the 30-day mark and expect it to be credited. Whatever the return reason - you know there is a 30-day time frame (except around the holidays) so we know the return policy...they have to be consistent otherwise people would be all over the place with the time frame.

Respected Contributor

I agree with all of you.  I thought I was a solid M in Logo, but I had to recently send 2 tops back because they are too small.  However, I have a few  Logo tops in M in my closet that fit fine. 

What can you do except trial and error, and that is annoying and pricey!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Many times I have seen really nice shoes here but I won't buy them here.  The fit is too critical and difficult buying online when you have to pay return shipping. 

Trusted Contributor

I know, I have a sizing issue with an H by Halson top.  HUGE in the armholes  but fits everywhere else and I am trying to decide if I want to spend $16 to alter it.  I really like the top so I am considering it.  I am done buying online tho.  I really need to try everything on and I am tired of paying the shipping charges...

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think sometimes people are expecting too much consistency from manufacturers.   If you go to a B&M store and select 6 pair of dress slacks in your size to try on, they won't all fit identically.  

Clothing manufacturers make things in sizes for an "average" body type.    If it's a nice garment, sometimes you might need it altered slightly.

Sadly, (Regarding clothing), I am now expecting too much INCONSISTENCY from manufacturers and QVC. I am no longer feeling the "Quality" "Value" or "Convenience" vibe. Smiley Sad

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning