Esteemed Contributor

I gave up on jackets too soon...

I'm not the biggest fan of jackets, but they're a necessity in transitional weather, so I had been looking, but without success.  I had a grand total of one jacket (coral, #3).  Since we are finally moving into hot weather, I figured I'd just put off the jacket hunt until the fall.  Naturally, I then found two jackets I really like.  I've worn them a few times already.

Opinions welcome.

JACKET #1

Anorak from Talbots (sale)...love the length, the color, the fit...it's comfortable and the drawstring hits at the perfect spot (I hate when it's too high and sits right under my breasts)...very denim friendly and looks good with black, too...works for cool and warm temps...

20210430_162151.jpg

20210508_001822.jpg

JACKET #2

Thrifted ($4, NWT) Kim Rogers lined linen, best in warm temps...I wish it were pure white, but it's more a soft, off-white and I wish it were longer...this is a "dressier" look for my lifestyle and in my neck of the woods...bought the (ruffled) sleeveless Vince Camuto embroidered lightweight blouse to go with it (and with other jackets I may find in the future, especially a more relaxed pure white one)...handbag is faux Jessica Simpson and perfect match...

20210607_152456.jpg

20210612_225653.jpg

JACKET #3

Thrifted this one last year...heavy cotton Lady Hathaway coral zip front...best for cool temps...

20210412_160532.jpg

I do like the fact that they are all quite different from each other...I don't want the same style jacket in different colors.  Judging by the number of times I've worn them, especially #1 and #2 considering limited opportunities, I may turn into a big fan of jackets after all...go figure!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: I gave up on jackets too soon...

I like the three jackets, the coral one my favorite.  I was always a coat person and still love coats.  But when jackets became popular, I started to wear them.  I wore winter ones and also light weight jackets over a blouse or light sweater. 

Trusted Contributor

I like all three! I think my favorite is the first one because of the style, the pink one is a great color for you. 

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF  I also like the accessories you're wearing (earrings, bracelets, shoes/sandals) in all.

Esteemed Contributor

The Q stylists could learn a few lessons from you. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  I absolutely love your style! Thanks for sharing. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  - I'm a fan of jackets especially for work.  A jacket can "dress up" an outfit and give it a more polished look.   

I really like the white one.

Esteemed Contributor

My fave is #1. Classic style and very wearable.

I love that numbers 2 and three were thrifted, including NWT on #2.  Gotta love thrifting!

Can't go wrong with any of your choices. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

You look great in all three.  My favorite jacket of the three would be the 1st one.  I like an anorak style jacket. 

Contributor

Really like first one, have a vest like that and fit is good.  I am so hot natured right now jackets do not appeal to me.  I agree with other posters, you should style the QVC models and hosts.  Coral color looks good on you.