Trusted Contributor

Re: I finally found a summer dress that I LOVE...

I agree.  You picked the best of the bunch.  That one is top banana for sure.  

Esteemed Contributor

The dark pink dress you chose is perfect and looks awesome on you! I don't wear dresses, but I do wear palazzo pants a lot in the summer, and of course choose a top with sleeves. Both of them - long dresses and palazzo pants are so cool and comfortable in the hot months. You chose the perfect one!

Valued Contributor

I think the pink one is adorable. I kind of like the polka dot one, too.  I love dresses and wear a lot of them!  Mine come from the Q and shockingly, some from Shop HQ!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your nice comments!   Heart

@Jayhawk Girl   I'd wear dresses more often if I could find more that meet my criteria.  The hot pink is casual enough to fit right into my lifestyle...I can wear it just about anywhere. 

Agree with @spiderw, @jannabelle1 and @Enufstuff  that the roomy/flowy/loose dresses are sooo cool and comfortable. 

@beach-mom  I haven't worn a dress other than in summer in forever.  I own exactly one other dress...I'll take a pic and post it here.  I passed up a Liz Claiborne eyelet bomber jacket (thrift) that sounds like what you're talking about...open and airy.

@Katcat1  I was lucky to find the same color sandals in my closet!  hahaha  Bought those last summer.  My problem is what handbag to carry.  I have a Vera Bradley quilted bag in the same color, too, but I feel like I'm in pink overload.  Have to work on that!

@coffee drinker   I'm 5'8".  I measured the length of mine from HPS (high point shoulder), and it's 53".  The size is 0P.  Normally, I wear either Chico's 1 or 2 regular.   Also, I had to gather about 2.5 inches in center back at first seam, otherwise it was a little too loose.  So, you can see how oversized this dress is!  If you are handy with a sewing machine though, it might be worth a shot 'cuz @Greeneyedlady21mentioned price is now $50!  If you get it, let me know what you think.

@Queen of shop   Yes, pockets!  I forgot to mention that...it's another thing on my preference list, which is getting as long and winding as @Drythe's!  BTW, hope you saw my reply to you about that beautiful pink linen dress on last week's Fashion Favorites thread (I only ask 'cuz I have no faith in Q's notification feature).

@Foxxee   @Goldengate8361    @NEvans2    @Terrywu 

@moonandthestars      @Kabella    @itsmagic   @Venezia 

@Azcowgirl    @Bri369    @lulu1     @IamDoodles   

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:
Opinions welcome.  Do you like/wear dresses?  Did you like any of the other dresses?  

@MacDUFF 

Congratulations on finding a dress you love. Enjoy! 

I love dresses and wear them all year round. I prefer knee length so the ones you posted aren't for me. The dot dress best fits my style if it was shorter. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi@MacDUFF Yes, I did see your reply about the pink linen dress. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, but try as I might I couldn't locate it anywhere. I tried hard. Still not giving up. The hunt continues. LOLWoman LOL

I do have to tell you, that the trompe l'oeil joggers from Rag&Bone, that you posted a few weeks back are now my favorite things. I managed to score a pair for $25 less from Bloomindales. So happy. They are perfect. So soft. One girlfriend and one cousin snagged them too! Thanks for that.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Queen of shop   Checked again on that pink linen dress.  It's from a Paris company called Dandy & Brooks, but no longer available on their website.  Maybe the name will help you locate it...hope so!  I'm sooo happy you (and your friend and cousin) love those R&B joggers!  I love mine, too.  The Rack had them a few months ago in an acid wash for an insanely good price, but I dislike acid wash...they were gone in a flash before I could change my mind haha.  I hope y'all wear them in good health!

Here's how I'm wearing mine this summer...

20210328_143025.jpg

@beach-mom   Here's the other dress I own...from World market about three years ago.  I seem to find a dress I love every three years or so haha.  I have to wear a slip with this one, but it's so lightweight that it's not a problem.  I almost always take this one to the beach...

20210725_160005.jpg

Have a nice weekend everyone.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF - Your dress is perfect! I always struggle with what to wear at the beach. Sometimes I feel like I'm too overdressed, but DH and I always go to one really nice place just by ourselves! I take a few dresses down and end up wearing my favorite one. I like how you accessorized it too. Actually, even though our coloring is different I could wear that exact look! It's just the perfect look for dinner anywhere.

I like your first outfit too. You have an easy breezy style, and I love seeing your outfits!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I know this is late, but you look beautiful! You looked great in some of the others but radiant in this one and that's the best! Great look on you!

Honored Contributor

Very nice dresses but look heavy for the hot summer days. Too long. Your figure makes you look in anything tho.

"Pure Michigan"