Honored Contributor

Re: I feel sorry for the models that have to model under wear.

@nevergivesup wrote:

@MW in Iowa I’m sorry such a simple observation on your part has evoked some really mean responses. I don’t understand it but the problem isn’t yours.❤️

You think the responses are "mean"?  Some of us are making responses that support what the models have chosen to do.   They are  women who feel comfortable in their own skin and are fine with modeling the very conservative underwear sold by QVC. 

Valued Contributor

@september wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

@MW in Iowa I’m sorry such a simple observation on your part has evoked some really mean responses. I don’t understand it but the problem isn’t yours.❤️

You think the responses are "mean"?  Some of us are making responses that support what the models have chosen to do.   They are  women who feel comfortable in their own skin and are fine with modeling the very conservative underwear sold by QVC. 

I said some of the responses are mean. To me, printing in big bold letters that the OP’s confidence level certainly needs some work or that she has body confidence issues is unkind. Maybe I was just raised differently.

As for the models I’m fine with it if they are. I didn’t post about that; really don’t care one way or the other. 

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup    I think we have very different  interpretations of what mean responses are.  Someone who has a different opinion and nicely states it (as all have here), is not being mean. 

Honored Contributor

There's nothing skimpy about the underwear.  And only a few models do it.  I think they specialize in it.  Most of them I've noticed are very fit.  No problem showing abs. Very few of the regular clothing  models (if any) model underwear

Esteemed Contributor

I know one of the hosts who would love to model the underwear when she presents it. No model would be needed. 

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I guess it is embarrasing if you have teens at home, neighbors, etc. who 

know you model and then see you on t.v. in your undies.

There is nothing for them to be embarassed about

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Is this an issue because it's underwear vs modeling a two piece bathing suit? Both offer the same amount of coverage (I'm not talking about bikinis, thongs etc) Underwear used to be called unmentionables, I don't know, just a random thought. 

Honored Contributor

Just to be clear I don't think it's anything for the models to be embarrassed about. I also don't think the OP was expressing that notion either. I think some of the posts directed at her were unfair and one was really harsh. She has even deleted her posts. 

I don't think she posts often in the fashion forum. It's just not necessary to pounce on a person like that because she has feelings of empathy for other people.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Some women are comfortable in their underwear.

This past weekend, we were on our boat and ran into friends of ours.  Their daughter and her Husband were with them.

I had never met their daughter before.  Mom is very petite, but her daughter is a big girl.  She was wearing a very tiny bikini that barely covered her.  Her tummy hung over the bikini bottoms.  Her top was strapless and she was extremely busty and had to keep pulling it up.

That girl was easily over 100 lbs overweight and she was comfortable in what she was wearing.  She wasn't ashamed to show her body.

I would never have the confidence to dress like that, but she did.  She was confident and happy.

Contributor

Maybe you are projecting?  It is their job.